Chapter 25: There for you

Author's POV:

On the way:

Dhara's sits comfortably as Rex drives the car smoothly through the road.

But Dhara's getting restless by every passing second, for some reason, she keeps feeling as if something's gonna happen.Thinking that it's related to Rudraneel's check up , she asks Rex to speed up,

"Rex! Speed up a little.

We need to reach fast!"

"Boss , I am trying. But the speed limit is 40 here. " , reasons Rex.

Dhara's trys to calm her nerves down , but doesn't seem to be able to.

_________
____________

On the other hand, in Nishith Villa:

Rudraneel's check up is on the go,
Dr.Chaddha and team are performing various tests on him.

But Rudraneel here, is also feeling restless for some reason.
Though he isn't the type to pay heed to such vague feelings but after being with Dhara most his time in this past few months, he also has started to take them into consideration.

Rudraneel's POV:

The checkup has started, Dr.Chaddha seems pretty happy with the results.. probably the reports are coming ok.

But..I feel this anxiety for some reason..is everything okay?
Is my wife okay?

She should be. Afterall, she's in the office.

Still. Maybe I should call her?

Author's POV:

"Dr.Chaddha, ask somebody to call for Badi ma." , Rudraneel commands.

"Surely."
He asks a servant to call for her.
A few moments passes as she arrives .

"Badi ma. Call Dhara."

"Oo ho~ Beta-ji , biwi seh door raha na jaaye?"
Being the frank person she is,Badi ma tries to tease Rudraneel.

"Badi ma, the call."

Rudraneel asks sternly this time, as concern for his wife looms deeper in his mind.

But Badi ma, unaware of Rudraneel's concerns maintains her light mood and calls Dhara while playfully huffing.

On the call:

" Hello? Shonamoni, where are you?"

"On road?..oh, your coming back!"

"Oo~ kuch nhi , apke patidev koh apki baare-

*Cough!* *cough!*

Rudraneel cuts her off by clearing  throat. Now, Dhara doesn't need to know he's  worried about her on intuition, does she?

Badi ma eyes Rudraneel teasingly, but only for him to avert his gaze nonchalantly. Obviously, why would he want to get teased?

But what Rudraneel heard next made him snap his head back in a instant!

"Yeah?.. Dhara?! Beta, what?!-", Badi ma asked in panicked tone!

A scowl appears on Rudraneel's face as worry envelopes his being! Rudraneel instantly makes his way close to badi ma, taking the phone from her, as he asks, agitated,
"Dhara? What happened?!