Chapter 27: Scars of the past

After a long time!! Uff finally finished writing a chap!🤧

VOTE AND COMMENT!  Atleast 17 votes and 5 comments toh yeh chapters deserve karte hain! Come on guys!

Author's POV:

Rudraneel and Dhara laid in bed, a comfortable silence played between them, that was before Dhara decided to break it with her calm voice,

"Rudraneel?.." , she called ; Rudraneel hummed in response.

"I wanted to ask you something, um.. it's maybe a bit personal, so can I?" , she asked, with hesitancy evident in her tone.

Rudraneel didn't like the fact that she was hesitant in asking questions to him, a need and urge to reassure her erupted in him and so he spoke, "Jaan, don't hesitate when asking me questions, personal or professional, it's all the same when it comes to you. And what's even personal infront of you, when your my person? Hm?"

Rudraneel's words felt like a gentle caress to her heart for Dhara, she felt as if a subtle warmth spread through her body, a sensation she has only started to feel after Rudraneel's arrival in her life. She released a breathe which she didn't even know she was holding while a smile graced her lips.

She was relieved that Rudraneel was so assuring but the question was not only personal but very sensitive too, she didn't know how would Rudraneel react to it, and hence she still maintained a cautious approach.

Dhara was troubled when she remembered how Rudraneel was calling himself selfish, ruthless and even an ill-omen.

She was even more shocked when she heard him say, it was his parents who used such words for him..It pained her..

If she could, she would've talked to him about it in the morning itself. But because of the ecstasy of their confession and various other events throughout the day, had compelled her to keep the discussion for the night, when they both are in only their own presence.

"But it's a really sensitive question..so, we can talk about it, when your comfortable. Just know that you don't need to push yourself to answer, okay?" , she said as if asking a child.

Rudraneel was gratified at how careful she was but hearing the word 'past' made him alert. He looked at Dhara, as if asking what she wanted to know. As their gazes met, Dhara inhaled a breath silently before making her grip on Rudraneel's hand tighter and she asked,

"I heard those really unfitting term you used for yourself...'selfish', 'ruthless', 'ill-omen'.."
Dhara paused and asked soothing,
"Why?..What happened?"