The days that followed were filled with an eerie silence, broken only by the occasional creak of the old house. Lily had become increasingly aware of the ghost's presence, a chilling sensation that seemed to cling to her like a second skin. She felt watched at all times, as if the spirit was waiting, biding its time before making its next move. Sleep became an elusive luxury, as each night brought with it a new terror: shadows danced on the walls, voices called out in the night, and chills ran down her spine with alarming frequency.

‎‎ ‎Lily's exploration of the house grew more daring as the days turned into weeks. She would spend hours in the attic, poring over Emily's diary, trying to piece together the fragmented memories of the girl's life. With each passing night, the hauntings grew more intense, and Lily began to record them in a journal of her own. She felt compelled to document every encounter, as if it would help her understand the spirit and perhaps find a way to communicate with it.
‎‎ ‎
‎‎ ‎One evening, as Lily sat in the dim light of the attic, she heard a soft knock on the door. Her heart raced as she stood up slowly, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. The knock came again, louder this time, as if someone, or something, was pleading with her to open the door. Lily took a deep breath, her hands shaking as she reached out to turn on the light switch. She knew that turning on the light could either dispel the ghost or enrage it, and she braced herself for the outcome.
‎‎ ‎
‎‎ ‎As the light flickered on, casting a weak glow over the attic, Lily felt a sudden, cold gust of air that seemed to push her backward. She gasped, her eyes widening in terror as she saw the figure of a young girl, dressed in a tattered white dress, standing just beyond the door. The girl's eyes were wide with fear, her mouth twisted in a silent scream. Without thinking, Lily stepped forward, extending her hand toward the spirit. The ghost's eyes locked onto Lily's, and for a moment, there was a sense of understanding, a shared pain that passed between them. Then, in a flash, the girl vanished, leaving behind only the echo of her presence.