As the hauntings intensified, Lily decided that enough was enough. She couldn't keep living in fear, and she couldn't keep ignoring the impact the ghost was having on her life. She knew that she needed to do something drastic, to find a way to confront the spirit that haunted her home and hopefully help it find the peace it so desperately sought. She made the decision to stay in the light, to keep the rooms illuminated with the hope that it would deter the ghost from causing harm.

‎‎ ‎With a mixture of determination and dread, Lily began to do her research, looking for ways to communicate with the spirit world. She found old books on spiritualism and mediumship, learning about the techniques used in the past to communicate with the dead. She practiced these methods, calling out to Emily, asking for her to make contact in a way that would be undeniable. She wanted proof, evidence that would validate her experiences and perhaps allow her to find a way to help the spirit move on.
‎‎ ‎
‎‎ ‎Lily's efforts were met with both success and failure. There were moments when she felt as though she had made contact, that she had finally reached Emily. She would feel a warmth in the room, a soft whisper brushing against her ear, the sensation of a hand on her shoulder. But these moments were fleeting, and the ghost seemed to vanish as soon as they began. Lily was left with a sense of longing, a yearning for the connection she had felt so strongly but could not maintain.
‎‎ ‎
‎‎ ‎Despite the setbacks, Lily refused to give up. She continued her search for a way to communicate with the spirit, her resolve strengthened by the conviction that she was on the cusp of something significant. She felt as though she was on the verge of a breakthrough, that with each attempt, she was getting closer to finding the key to understanding and, hopefully, to restoring peace to the restless spirit. The townspeople watched her efforts with a mix of concern and intrigue, some offering their support, while others urged her to let go of the haunting and move on.