13

The attic was now filled with a soft, ethereal light, and Lily felt a sense of peace envelop her. She had understood the message of the spirits and had taken it upon herself to illuminate the house, driving away the darkness that had been their prison. But as the light continued to grow, the spirits began to move closer to her, their eyes glowing with a light that seemed to pierce her very soul. Lily felt a growing fear, a fear that the entities were not as benign as she had first thought.

‎‎ ‎As the spirits surrounded her, Lily felt a cold shiver run down her spine. Their presence was no longer comforting; they had become a force that was both awe-inspiring and terrifying. She could see the pain in their eyes, the anguish that had been theirs for so long, and she realized that they were not just seeking a way to rest, they were seeking vengeance. The entities had not wanted to harm her; they had wanted her to understand their pain, to see the truth of their suffering.
‎‎ ‎
‎‎ ‎Lily's fear was palpable, her heart racing as she stood in the center of the attic, surrounded by the spirits. She knew that she had to find a way to communicate with them, to let them know that she understood their plight. She took a deep breath, her voice trembling as she spoke, "I hear you, I understand your pain." The spirits' eyes seemed to soften slightly, their expressions a mixture of sorrow and relief.
‎‎ ‎
‎‎ ‎Lily's encounter with the entities was a turning point in her understanding of the haunting. She knew that she had to find a way to communicate with them, to understand their needs, and to help them find peace. She felt a deep connection to the spirits, a sense that they had chosen her to be their voice, their ally in their quest for rest. The attic, once a place of fear, was now a sanctuary, a place where Lily could begin the process of healing the wounds that had been inflicted upon the lives of Emily and her brother.