Injury comfort - Alexia putellas

The match against Benfica has now come to an end. The crowd's cheers faded into the background as Alexia hobbled off the pitch after doing her rounds, being subbed off at half time, but even from the other side of the pitch you could spot the forced smile masking her pain.

"Ale, you need to sit" you urged as you got closer to the captain, worry etched in your eyes.

"I'm okay amor, it's just a small knock," Alexia insisted, trying to downplay the throbbing ache in her knee.

But you weren't convinced. With gentle persistence, you guided Alexia to the bench, fussing over her, "Let me take a look. You need to rest it."

Amidst protests and half-hearted grumbles, Alexia relented, allowing you to tenderly inspect the injury. She winced as the cold compress met her skin, yet a soft smile danced on her lips, warmed by the care you showed her.

"Are you my doctor now bebita?" Alexia teased, leaning into your touch.

"I just care about you amor" you replied, brushing a strand of hair from Alexia's forehead, eyes filled with worry.

Walking hand in hand out of the stadium to make the drive home, Alexia's hand taking its usual place on your thigh as soon as you both enter the vehicle, a comfortable silence taking over as the only sounds are the passing by vehicle outside and faintly the radio.

You both arrived home Alexia taking your hand and clinging to you in the elevator, as soon as the door to your shared apartment was opened you could hear little footsteps where Nala came to greet Alexia as she scooped her up, making a beeline for the bedroom and flopping on the bed while snuggling up to the dog.

You chuckled slightly to yourself, taking yours and Alexia's training bags and shoes and putting them away properly instead of where the Catalan just dumped them. Eventually you make your way to the bedroom seeing Alexia and Nala on the bed cuddling and wordlessly you sit next to Alexia opening your arm, she crawls into your embrace laying with her head in your neck while your stroke a hand through her hair and use your other hand to draw mindless shaped onto her bare back where her shirt had ridden up.

Wrapped in your arms while you whisper sweet nothings into your lovers ear, Alexia finally succumbed to slumber.

---

As night draped its veil over the city, Alexia stirred from her slumber. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, she found herself cocooned in the warmth of your embrace.

"You're awake" you whispered, a smile gracing your lips.

"You're a very comfy pillow amor" Alexia admitted, feeling grateful for the slumber that had taken over her.

Her eyes traced the familiarities of your shared bedroom, now dark, a stark contrast to when you both had arrived home earlier in the day. But in this moment, surrounded by the quietude and the unwavering presence of her love, Alexia found a different kind of solace.

"I'll carry you to the kitchen" you teased hearing the Catalans stomach growl, standing up to help alexia up.

With a playful smirk, Alexia attempted to stand on her own, only to wince as her knee protested. Chuckling softly, you swooped in, effortlessly lifting Alexia into her arms, eliciting a surprised laugh from her.

"You're impossible" Alexia giggled, wrapping her arms around your neck.

"And you're stubborn" you teased, pressing a soft kiss to Alexia's forehead before carrying her towards the kitchen.

As soon as you got to the kitchen you sat alexia on the counter, being mindful of her knee and began pulling out ingredients to make dinner, completely unaware of the heart eyes your girlfriend was giving you, too caught up in preparing dinner.

When you were in reaching distance alexia grabbed your waist, spun you around and pulled you into a bruising kiss, slightly taken aback you gasped but once you realised you kissed back with as much love as you could.

When air became an issue you slightly pulled away, but not far as you rested your forehead against alexia's, both panting and with matching grins "What was that for?" you quizzed, still slightly taken aback "Just for being you amor, Te amo mucho" alexia said grin becoming impossibly wider, "I love you too ale, so much" you confirmed, cheeks slightly pink, with one final peck you separated to dish up dinner before it burned, chuckling slightly as the disapproving noise alexia made when you left.

Once you dished up dinner you carried it to the lounge and setting it on the coffee table before going back and carrying alexia into the lounge and gently setting her on the sofa, you also set a stool in front of her to raise her sore knee and sat a cold compress on top.

You sat down next to alexia while you both silently ate your dinner, watching reality tv on your television, which alexia claims to hate but secretly loves and will even watch when you are not around. Once you are both finished and before alexia can even think about helping, you take all the dishes to the kitchen to wash and dry.

You hear alexia whine from the sofa saying "Bebita you cooked so I should clear, my knee is fine" although one stern glare and alexia gives up protesting with a huff. Once you have cleaned up the dishes you, with more protests, help alexia do her usual night time routine and get changed into pyjamas.

You set alexia in the bed and crawl in beside her, immediately opening up your arms for alexia to slot into as you, like earlier, are combing a hand through her newly dyed blond hair and drawing shaped into the curves in her back. Alexia lets out a satisfied hum and sleepily says "Buenos noches amor, te amo" you sleepily repeat her words before you both fall into a peaceful slumber.