Right here - Misa Rodriguez

The rain pelted against the window as you and your best friend are sat on the couch, your usual weekly movie night in full swing however you are struggling to focus on much, lost in the suffocating weight of heartbreak. Misa, perched herself beside me, a concerned furrow on her brow, concerned since that morning in training where you barely spoke and were constantly zoning out.

Finally deciding to confront the issue she broke the silence, "Hey, what's going on?" her voice was soft, laced with worry.

You managed a weak smile. "It's.. um.. she broke up with me."

Misa's hand found yours instantly, a concerned frown etched on her face. "I'm here for you, whatever you need."

You spent hours that evening talking, crying, and occasionally finding moments of laughter amidst the pain. Misa's presence was like a breath of fresh air, her understanding and empathy making the unbearable a bit more bearable.

As the day turned to night, the heaviness in your chest seemed to lighten, thanks to Misa's unwavering support. You looked at her, her eyes shimmering in the dim light, and your heart did a little dance.

"You know, you're amazing," you murmured, a surge of gratitude and affection for your best friend.

She tilted her head, a hint of curiosity in her gaze. "What's brought this on?"

"It's you," you admitted, feeling vulnerable. "You've been here for me through this mess, never judging, always helping. I don't know what I'd do without you."

A faint blush tinted Misa's cheeks, and she looked away for a moment before meeting your eyes again. "I... I have something to tell you."

Your heart skipped a beat. "What is it?"

Taking a deep breath, she confessed, "I've been hiding this for a while, but... I have feelings for you. More than just friendship."

Your mind reeled. All this time, you hadn't noticed the love in her actions, the care that transcended mere friendship. "Misa, I... I think I might feel the same way."

A tentative smile graced her lips, she leaned forwarded and connected your lips in a passionate kiss displaying all the emotions she has been feeling since the beginning of your friendship.

When air became an issue you both pulled away but still resting your foreheads against each others, with a shy smile, Misa brushed a stray strand of hair from your face. "Can I try to make you happy amor? If you'd let me."

You leaned in once again, closing the distance between your lips, feeling the weight of the past slipping away as you shared a gentle, tentative kiss. It was soft, sweet, and filled with the promise of something beautiful.

In that cozy room, amidst the fading storm outside, a new chapter began—one where friendship bloomed into something deeper, where comfort and care turned into love. And as we nestled closer, I knew that with Misa by my side, I would weather any storm that came my way.