Ghost of you - alexia putellas

Summary: based on 5 seconds of summer song
———-

Here I am waking up, Still can't sleep on your side..

It had been three weeks since the worst day of your life, three weeks since alexia ditched you at the alter.

You had woken up exhausted with a pounding headache from crying yourself to sleep, it has almost became a routine.

Sleeping on the left side of the bed, your side, not daring to touch the other side, her side, hoping that this was some sick joke and you wake up wrapped in the arms of the love of your life but of course, you wake up alone.

Her side still smelled like her, like home.

There's your coffee cup, The lipstick stain fades with time..

When you drag yourself out of bed and into the kitchen, there's a mountain of dishes that you have no intention of doing, most of them you don't care about but there's one dish that you haven't even touched.

It was a coffee cup, alexia's cup, you remember it very well, she was due to go dress shopping with her mother and sister but before that she wanted to have breakfast with you.

She had previously gotten ready so her lipstick was smushed on the rim of the cup as you two were chatting away, totally losing track of time alexia was running late so with a kiss, she sat the cup beside the sink, vowing to clean it later.

If I can dream long enough, You'd tell me I'd be just fine..

You found yourself laying awake at night, unable to sleep. All you could do was think about alexia, wondering what when wrong? why did she leave you? was there someone else?

You felt 101 different emotions, ranging from anger to hurt to sadness, your emotions were all over the place.

When you finally got to sleep, she was there in your dreams again but before she could tell you it was all ok, that you two were ok, you woke up and into a reality without her.

So I drown it out like I always do, Dancing through our house with the ghost of you..

To try counter the thoughts you always had background noise, whether that be music or a show.

One thing you and alexia used to do was play your playlist through the speaker and dance with each other in the kitchen.

Sometimes you would put this playlist on, close your eyes and dance like you used to do with her.

This brought you peace and you swore you could even feel her lingering touches.

Cleaning up today, Found that old Zeppelin shirt..

You decided to try get your life in order and that started by cleaning you neglected apartments

When cleaning you noticed, right in the back of the closet an old band tee, you smiled at the memory.

You and alexia had only been dating a few months when she stayed over for the first time, the sleepover was spontaneous so she had no clothes and you had to let her borrow some of yours, you had given her shorts and the tshirt, she took them but questioned the band, your confirmed that you and your dad loved the band and it was something that bonded you growing up so you both spent the night listening to their music.

So I drown it out like I always do, Dancing through our house with the ghost of you..

You found yourself yet again swaying in your kitchen, imagining dancing to this song with ale, her front against your back, her arms around you, lips on your neck and her scent invading your senses.

And I chase it down , With a shot of truth, That my feet don't dance like they did with you..

It was no use though, you still felt cold, still felt empty and you couldn't do this alone but you needed to face reality.

You needed her and she wasn't here.