Neglected part 2 - Mapi Leon & Ingrid Engen

Waking up the following morning having gotten barely any sleep, head pounding and an overwhelming feeling of heartbreak. Your head is plagued by two things people, Maria and Ingrid.

You begrudgingly dragged yourself out of bed and into your bathroom, looking in the mirror you get a sense of deja vu to a couple of week ago when you were in the exact same position, eyes just as red and swollen and tear stained cheeks, If you could feel anything you might even find this kind of amusing.

You're now fully dressed for training, standing in your bathroom mirror applying concealer to try hide the bags under your eyes, as you grab your things and leave your apartment, dreading going to training.

You're not even sure how you got to training, mind switched off, but pulling up to the training centre you become more aware, anxiety spiking as you begin to get very nervous.

Parking your car in your usual spot and turning off the engine you take a few moments to breathe and compose yourself.

Head down and trudging into the training centre, so in your own head you don't hear Alexia's voice greeting your when you walk past, nor do you see the worried glances shared between her and Irene.

Training was awful and to top it off you hit your head and got a concussion so now you are alone in the medics room with an ice pack, waiting on the Medic and Alexia to come back into the room, you are on concussion watch and need supervision so Alexia volunteered and now they are discussing what to do over the next 24 hours.

You are staring out the window at a now empty training pitch, mind constantly wandering to Maria and Ingrid, so many questions flooded your mind, wondering if they ever truly loved or if maybe there was a reason for them abandoning you for your anniversary.

You couldn't bare to look at them so you avoided doing so the whole training session, avoiding looking at them or even any of your teammates unless mandatory.

Luckily or unluckily alexia sensed something was wrong so Jonatan went easy on you and alexia partnered up with you for all drills.

You didn't hear the door opening or the footsteps approaching, only breaking out of your trance when you felt the soft touch of alexia's hand on your shoulder, slightly jumping at the scare you turned to face her, worried gaze on you as she softly spoke, "Ready to go carino, you can stay at mine for the night so I can monitor the concussion."

Nodding wordlessly you got off the bed in the medic room, trudging behind alexia you follow her out to her car, leaving your car behind in the parking lot.

The drive home was silent but you knew your captain better than that to assume she would not ask you what is up so you were mentally preparing yourself the best you could for the confrontation that was about to ensue.

Arriving at alexia's apartment you followed behind her in, taking your shoes off and leaving them at the door along with you training bag, alexia disappearing off somewhere.

Her dog, Nala, came barrelling at you, jumping up and licking you cause you to finally smile.

Your moment was broken when alexia appeared holding spare clothes, a glass of water and some pain killers.

She spoke up, "I'll make dinner, how about you take these and change so you can a nap?"

You nodded, taking the stuff off her and wandering to the guest bedroom, making quick work of changing and taking the pain killers.

Crawling into bed, suddenly hit with exhaustion you fall asleep almost immediately.

Your awoken which feels like minutes later, but realistically its been a few hours, by alexia softly shaking you.