Chapter 45

"He took control of the Italian mobs properties and people. He's reorganising and restructuring his company. He has been constantly travelling and trying to hide his movements. Rick had to try so hard to gather info. Reed choose to leave the CCTV footage alone for you I think. No one has any idea what he did with those 3. His company has been aggressively taking on deals and working overtime to fulfil the agreements. He gained a whole lot of connections and is going off grid"

"Hmmm" I had nothing else to say. I'm letting him take charge and letting him be. He can deal with Rodriguez and my mother as he sees fit. He lost everything because of them.

Everyone reluctantly made their way out on my insistence. It was a weekday with too much work and I didn't want anyone to slack off. Karan and I snuggled on the couch watching Despicable me. We watched it hundreds of times with Jude.

My brain was working overtime to try and figure out our future. Everyone is super excited for merger, profits and finding a place to settle. Especially Jacob since he doesn't want his kid to grow up in apartments in the city away from us. While they haven't pressurised me to rush with the decision, I know it's about time I speak to them. Mr. Raj was almost done with paper work to sign and will need the headquarters details soon.

Home is where my people are right? As a teenager I was desperate and hoped that I could create a fairy tale family in India. Now with too variables are in play. It's just Karan, dad and I who would have to move. Anyway business is going to make us travel and I would have plenty of opportunities to be at the estate and orphanage.

I looked at Karan who was trying to act normal. Well it can never be like before again. We just have to adapt to the new normal.

"Karan let's make something nice today?"

"Will you let me decide the dessert?"

I laughed at his behaviour and made my way to the kitchen. We annoyed each other, spoke about my ideas and plans, his intentions with Katy and made delicious food. Maggie had gone to visit a Larry at the hospital who refused to get home until I calmed down. So I made loads of dessert to make it up to everyone.

Aaron was mad at me but couldn't say anything. He gave in his two weeks notice as his way of throwing a tantrum. Guess I'll have to apologise to him too. But this better be a learning lesson for both of them.

Katy and Aiden were going to be home in an hour. We still had plenty of time to kill. Dad and Karan had hired new employees and promoted reliable ones to reduce their burden. So they are on a break.

"Where is Mo? He is missing since yesterday" Karan asked

"I sent him on a secret mission. He will here soon"

"What are you doing now?"

"You have an idea already. So just go with the flow" I warned

My phone pinged with a message and I wiped my hands to check it. It was Elena letting me know that her and Jacob are their way. Vicky had texted 20 mins ago saying she has something important to discuss so she will be crashing here tonight before making her way to LA.

Jacob walked in with a big tub of my favourite icecream and Elena trailed behind with her face smeared with strawberry icecream. She made her way straight to kitchen to inspect what the delicious smell was.

"So when can I plan the baby shower?" I asked them sipping on my lemonade.

"We wanted to go on a holiday for two weeks. Starting next week. So either before that or when we are back?" Jacob said

Elena excused herself to the washroom and we were watching TV.

"Rhea. Don't make any noise but I wanted to tell you. Well technically I said I'll take your permission. So will you please give me your permission to make Elena my wife? I'm going to propose to her during the vacation" He whispered near me

My eyes widened. Smile slipped out. I was so happy. I made a small sqeek sound and hugged him.

"Omggg. Jacob. That's amazing! I approve. This is incredible" I whisper shouted.

He chuckled and hugged me back.

"Okay then bridal shower before your trip. We can do engagement party later" Karan suggested

"That's perfect! I can't wait anymore. Omg I want to scream with joy"

"No shut up. She's going to be back any minute"

Aiden came back with Katy, Ellie, Dylan and Chris. I glared at all of them.

"Why are you all here? I clearly said I'm okay. Get back to work. It's still Thursday." I scolded them all

"I told them my love. That we need our space. They don't fucking care" Aaron said taking off his shoe and changing into flip flops.

"No you shut up. That's not why I am upset. You guys have been too distracted because of me. This is not done" I huffed and crossed my arms.

Vicky made a dramatic entrance with her arms wide open. I momentarily forgot my anger and I opened my arms too. She ran past me ams jumped on Chris. Wow.

"Well hello to you too" I sarcastically remarked. They kissed each other and then Vicky finally noticed my presence in my own house.

"If all of you are done. Can we please eat? No one cares about me and my child" Elena said walking to the dining table.

After a nice meal with lot of chatter everyone made their way out including Vicky saying she is fine now and doesn't need a girls night. She clung onto Chris like a Koala and left.

Aiden went to his study to catch up with the paperwork I had completed earlier. I called Aaron and waited for him in the living room.

"Mrs. Black. You called for me?"

"Yes. I did. Before I say anything answer me this. Do you understand why I got upset with you?"

He shook his head and stood still.

"I know your boss is Aiden. But I have gotten closer to you last few months and I thought you would take my side. I was disappointed slightly and I was very angry. I'm sorry for torturing you but I had the right to be angry because I considered you a friend" I told him

He took a seat in front of me and said "What can I do to make it up"

I grinned. I could use his help for this. " well first accept my apology along with this desert" I gave him a big box and "Seconf of all, I need help with Elena's baby shower. We are having it this Sunday. In California" I told him

He instantly said "No"

"Yes"

"You aren't going back to that place. Aiden will never agree" he said

"It's a surprise for them all. You won't say a word. I have made up my mind. There is no use running from the past. This is my condition take it or leave it" I narrowed my eyes at him

He gulped and said "okay"

——————-

What do you think?

Please vote and comment