Chapter 39

"What's going on ?"

" baby girl ! You are back ! I missed you" he hugged me real hard

" umm can't breath"

" oh sorry "

" how was your vacation?"

" Dad! What's going on ? Aiden told me you are merging companies?"

" well yes. It's time don't you think? It makes perfect sense. You are married to Aiden, all of them want to move to India because you made them believe it's the perfect place, it's time for me to retire and most of all they are incredibly talented and I trust them "

" you should have told me first "

" I thought it will be a surprise and why do I feel you are not completely happy with this"

"Uhhh , what I don't know, I just can't completely wrap my head around this. We were kids when they decided that wherever I go, they go. They are well established here."

" well they seem like they still want it "

" we need all 4 board members for this to happen. You know that right"

" if I have your vote and Karan's. It will be majority and then I'll veto"

" we need Reed's permission too !"

" I found a loophole. I'll veto !"

" but on papers we need his signature. That's not something we can omit on. Also how sure are you ?"

" Their companies have shown incredible promise. They are well prepared for everything and now they are part of family. Do we need more ?"

" when I came here, I started to look after Elena's company. I noticed that the finance has not been handled properly. Now I don't know if someone is stealing, or she is making a different use of the fund or whatever it is. "

" WHAT !"

I turn around to see Elena standing there along with Ellie and Katy.

" Hey guys"

" what do you find in the finance reports?"

" Elena first sit down. Rhea explain properly" Dad ordered

" Well before you came back from India, I was working in your company to make sure things were running smoothly right ? I had to sign in the quarterly finance sheet. I noticed that they were not adding up properly, so I asked Sarah to fetch me few more sheets from the past and I noticed that your finance has not been clean"

" do you know anything about this ?" Ellie asked

" Dad still handles the finance part. He wanted to still do something to keep his mind off the divorce and stuff. So I let him"

" oh no! Honey. Didn't your mom tell you why they split up and why she was running away"

" what ! She was in hiding ?"

" Actually Dad, I haven't told her yet"

" I'm incredibly sorry. I thought you knew"

" Rhea! Explain super fast before she hyperventilates" Katy ordered

" your dad has gambling problem. And then somehow he started losing his money. The company is on your name, so he couldn't bet that. So it was saved. But then your mom had all her savings in a joint account with him. So he used it all up. When your mom figured it out. He became violent, so she ran. When Karan and I went to Austria for a vacation, I saw her. She was pale and weak, I wasn't sure at first but then it was her. We got her back home, I explained  things. She wanted to live in the orphanage and help out"