Chapter 5

I jolted from my sleep feeling something wrong. Everything was awfully quiet and then I heard my door open. I took the bed side lamp in my hand .
Two men came into my room and switched on the light.

" Reed? What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you here ? Who the hell gave you my room keys?"

" Ms. Rhea, your father is waiting for you in the hall. Please follow me."

I jumped out of my bed and rushed to the hall. I was furious.

" what are you doing here ?"

" as far as I know I'm here for work. Actually it's me who should ask you, what the hell are you doing here? Who sneaks into their own child's room like this!"

" don't use that tone with me young lady. I'm your father"

" what are you doing here?"

" Rhea you know better than to leave home and come so far! Rishi, pack her bags we are leaving now"

" stop right there. And both of you get out"

" dad, please just let me have this year. I will come back for graduation and start living the way you wanted. I'll take over the company.Just this year dad. Please dad"

" Rhea , you know we cannot take chances. It already happened once. I cannot bear if something happened to you too."

" please dad. One year, that is all I'm asking for. Please"

" Reed, Rishi come in."

" yes sir "

" Reed stay back here with Rhea . Find her a place to stay within next two days . Update me every move of her"

" dad not my every move. Come on. Please "
I gave the best face I could

" ahh just keep her safe"

Dad hugged me and left

" so back to square one Reed ."

" oh I missed being your bodyguard Ri Ri"

" shut up and give me a hug"

Reed is 6'3. He is 28. He has been my bodyguard as long as remembered. We are best friends too. But he is amazing and multi tasking.

" you can take the other room"

" I don't understand why you have an extra room"

" well they didn't have any other suite. So"

" okay . What time should I wake you up?"

" well according to Jacob's secretary he wakes up at 7:30. So wake me up at 6:00. We should go to his house"

" I don't know why you are playing with fire Rhea. Go and rest. I'll arrange a car for us"

" good night Reed "

" night baby girl "

I slept replying the dinner. I feel home with them. But it's only for a year Rhea don't forget.

" huh, Reed stop that stupid sounds you are making"

" good morning baby girl. I'm just doing my exercises. I can't help that you are such a light sleeper "

" ahhhhh. What time is it? "

"It's around 5:00 in the morning "

" you are going to treat me breakfast today"

" oh oh no ways. Don't try to put a hole in my pocket. You are so rich why can't you buy your own breakfast and treat me too"

" go to hell dumbass "