Chapter 44

" Actually it's all Aiden's fault. He was the one who said .... who ... who said let's just stay in. It's so much more fun this way" I said looking at the carpet.

" Really ? What else did your husband say?" Ellie asked giving me a look

" He is so cruel El. I'm barely getting time to sleep"

" I think it's best we don't discuss your bedroom life in front of me Rhea" Jacob said making a weird face

Aiden entered the hall fully clothed and smirking. I glared at him for putting me in this position.
" Why are you all here?" He asked sitting down in his chair

" If you don't acting like hormonal teenager and keep your phone on, you would know" Jacob snapped at him

Chris, Dylan and Katy couldn't stop giggling and giving us teasing looks.

" Okay let's not throw so much shade on them. Your actions are no different" Karan said throwing his arm around Katy. She stopped giggling and blushed hard.

I was so happy to see them like this. Both of them deserved the best and it's finally happening.

" Again. Why are you here?" Aiden asked

" Rhea you might want to sit down for this" Chris said making me worried

I sat down nervously on Aiden's lap as there was no other space. I was getting worried about all the possibilities.

" It's about Reed" Dylan said passing me a tab. I took it from his hands and played the paused video.

It was a CCTV video of the orphanage main hall. The kids were playing and running around not caring about anything. Jude was sitting on the floor colouring all over the book and floor aggressively. Aww poor baby. She must be missing us all. It's been a week since I spoke to her. I noticed her look up and her frown disappearing all of a sudden. She threw her book away and ran.

Aiden swiped for the next video. It was the entrance near the photo wall. Reed? OMG. She ran straight into his arms and he picked her up spinning her around. I could hear her screaming in my brain. He held on to her and walked towards the photo wall talking to Jude. She started crying a bit nodding her head. What's happening?

Reed picked up our photo from the wall. The one with Jude as a baby in my arms and we were sitting on Reed's lap while he kissed my cheek. It was my eighteenth birthday and this was at home where I was throwing a huge fit to make Jude stay. But Reed calmed me down by picking me and Jude up and asking me to make pros and cons list.

My eyes watered at the memory. Aiden tightened his arm around me bringing me back to reality. I focused back at the video again to see Reed taking a look around , then he looked straight into cctv for 5 seconds giving a clear view of his face and walked out with Jude.

I was lost in thoughts. Reed looked a lot bulkier but his eyes were sad and tired. He didn't look like a playboy who joked around in cargo pants and tight T-shirts anymore. He was all professional in his formals and styled hair. So he is doing okay?

Wait! Did he just leave with Jude. Did he take her?

" Karan please tell me he didn't take Jude with him with him?"

" He did take her Ri" Karan said looking sad

" Did he contact you at all?" I asked my voice breaking.

" No. I don't if I should be mad or be finally happy he's prioritising himself above us all" Karan said lowly.

Even though I grew up with Reed. Who was the sexy senior we all crushed on. The dynamic changed a lot after the whole incident. He was my person and Karan's best friend. They did everything together and drove me crazy. My heart felt an ache realising that he actually is not coming back. That's the reason he took Jude right? What else can this mean?

Aiden hugged me tighter and my tears spilled out. Even in presence of every single person I craved and hoped for all these years, the void he left was felt undeniably. I don't think I ever imagined a life without him by my side. But then he has been overworked and stressed out because of me. He needs this new life and deserves this freedom from me.

I wiped my tears and looked up. Aiden looked at me concerned and kissed my forehead. I turned my face to look at rest of them. They looked worried, Karan had teared up and Katy was comforting him.

" I'm okay you guys. Stop looking at me like that. I'm just upset that he didn't even consider talking to me once before taking such a huge step. I thought all these years I knew him like the back of my hand. Maybe I really was ignorant towards him. He lost everything because of me. I just hope he is doing better and Jude lights up his world. I just need a little time to accept to learn to live without him is all" I said crying

Karan walked out I get balcony uth Katy right behind. He also needs time. Reed is family and nothing can ever will that void.

———————-

Hey guys!

What do you think?

Please vote and comment