Chapter 11

Now I used two words in the last chapter which is obviously not English
Here's the meaning
Nanna : father
Ammulu: sweetheart

It's dad. What to do?
Rhea think fast!!

I ducked under the table.

" Rhea is that you?"

I started crawling to get out of the room. All heads turned towards me and were following me.

" Reed, get her back this instance" my fathers voice boomed.

I was lifted up and placed on my feet.

I could see my fathers face clearly. He has a scowl.

" hi" I squeaked

" hi ? Is it what you are telling? What are you doing here?"

" umm I'm here as a part of internship daddy. I'm following the lifestyle of Jacob "

" you are Mr. Mohan's daughter?" Aiden asked

" yes she is my daughter. Rhea Mohan Reddy. She is taking over the business next year, she is on a holiday this year"

" but you never told us this?" Ellie asked narrowing her eyes.

" umm you did not ask me"

" listen here kids, I apologise. But I will give you call tomorrow. There is an emergency"

Emergency?

" dad, what happened?"

" it's Karan "

And he's gone.

Karan?
What happened to him ?

Oh no no no

" Reed! Find out what happened , quick"

Reed ran out of the room dropping all smoothies on the desk properly.

I looked around to see all the seven pairs of eyes on me with unreadable expressions.

" umm I got smoothies for everyone. Umm excuse me?" I tried to escape from the room. Keyword tried.

" stop right there Rhea " Ellie shouted

Be calm and be composed Rhea.

I slowly turned around and looked at her.

" yes?"

" yes? Is it what you are asking. Do you want to explain something? The fact that our biggest dream is at stake and you could have helped? And most importantly I thought you were a doctor?" Ellie threw questions at me

" Ellie calm down. Don't shout at her. Give her a chance to explain" Katy said smoothly

" Rhea please say something" Chris spoke

" umm I didn't know you guys were dealing with dad. You never told me. And I'm a doctor Ellie "

" then why did Mr Mohan say that you are taking over business next year? " Dylan asked

" It's because I am! "

" here you go" Ellie exclaimed throwing her hands up

I was literally shivering. I felt like I'm in Antarctica and a sack of bricks have fell on  me.
I closed my eyes trying to control my breathing.

Someone wrapped their arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I opened my eyes and saw, it was Aiden

" baby girl, please relax. Come sit down. Ellie please calm down. We did not tell her about our dream at all. She did not know about the business with her dad. All of you sit down and be calm. Let her explain " Aiden spoke.

My knight in shining armour. My heart just fluttured.

" Rhea please tell us when you are a doctor, How come you are taking over  your fathers business ?" Jacob asked. His eyes piercing into mine as if he is trying to read them.

" okay umm after finishing school at 16 I umm did business mangement. When I started college, I started working for dad too as an official employee. I always wanted to be doctor so I made a deal with dad that if he allows me to umm do medicine then I will take over the company. He did not agree at first but with me being stubborn as he is , he finally gave in. I'm finishing my internship so that I can graduate my medicine degree. Umm ya"

Everyone were looking at me as if I had grown two heads.

I wanted to break the silence. What to do? Smoothies!!

" hey grab your smoothies otherwise they will loose their taste"

Nobody moved except elena who grabbed smoothie .

" but I don't understand, why do you want a medicine degree when you are not going to use it.?" Katy asked

" it's my passion Katy. It's for my satisfaction. I love business too but I love being a doctor more. It's like how baking is for Chris, being a writer for Elena and you being a model"

" so Rhea, are you aware of all the domains of your company? All its functions and processes " Dylan questioned

" I helped dad with business since I was twelve Dylan. We have everything from construction to automobiles to fashion line. I want to include something of medical field now as that's one area we don't have our claws to. I can manage the empire Dylan. I enjoy it too. The best part is that it's in my favourite place"

By now everybody's expression softened. And elena was on her third smoothie

" favourite place?" Aiden asked

" yep my home"

Aiden squeezed my hand and kissed my forehead.

" listen here baby girl , listen carefully. I'm telling you our dream. Our search for home. Our love"

.............................

Hey there how do you like it ?

as usual 2 votes and comments and the next chapter is updated.

Lots of love