1 ~ His life

VIVAAN

It was just before ten minutes when I eased my car into the packed parking lot at the front of the club.

Darkness had long descended on the town covered with hills, Mussoorie. The sky above was nothing but a blanket of black.

Against it, the neon lights gleamed and glowed from the two-storey building like beacons of debauchery, flashing over the slew of cars and bikes lined in a row near the entrance.

I was standing and staring on the roads far visible from here that were covered with tress all around that seemed like just a black shadow from here.

I had a glass of red wine wrapped around in my palm. I took a sip from it and kept it again on the broad railing of the balcony.

"Kya hua hai Vivaan, jab se tu aaya hai chup chup hai".

"What has happened Vivaan, you're silent since you have come here?", my friend, Aniket, questioned me and kept his hand on my shoulder.

I still remained silent and was lost in my own thoughts.

"Is this about aunty?", he muttered.

He is the only one who knows me quite well, since we're childhood friends.
We went to the same school, same college and then started the same business in partnership, 'Hope Industries'.

At times, when I'm not able to understand what I'm feeling, he is there to support me and make me catch my feelings. He is that friend of mine, whom, even if I would have roamed around the street to search with a lamp in my hands, I wouldn't have found a friend like him.

At times, I even yell at him and also at times, he yells on me too. But our friendship seems to be bonded by God itself.

I nodded my head lightly.

"Bhai itna kyu sochta hai tu?".

"Why do you think so much Bhai?", he questioned me again and rolled his eyes back.

"Don't you know what I'm going through? You know everything right? Still you're asking me this stupid question", I turned back to look at him.

He caressed my shoulder softly with his hands trying to calm me down.

"I understand".

"I understand that aunty shouldn't force you about this thing right now, you're barely 26. Moreover, who knows what that girl would be like whom you'll get married to!", exactly that's what I'm thinking the entire time.

What's my age?
Why do I have to marry so soon?
Just because my mother remains sick so I should destroy my life by getting married.

"You can do one thing- find a girl, Vivaan".
"Find a girl whom you can trust,that she'll be good enough for you, whom you think that she'll understand you".

He made sense by his words but how to find a girl? I mean a girl cannot simply come walking to me from the front and I'll ask directly from her that whether she wants to be my wife or not.

"I'm pretty sure, you're not thinking about Kanika right now? Are you?", he laughed.

"Oh shut up Aniket, you know I want to stay away from her as much as I can, she is such a feviquick", I chuckled.

"But she likes you, you see how she sticks everytime around you, even she came following you into this club", he laughed more and winked his eye.

"She just loves my wealth, my name and my fame. And also not to ignore - my body", I stated and rolled my eyes back.

I took the glass of wine again in my hand and kept it back after emptying it completely.

"My life is so fucking fucked up", I muttered.

He patted on my back and said, "Don't worry, go home, have some rest".

"You know why I came here. To stay away from home", I stated.

"So what will you do here alone? Should I call Kanika here? She'll prove to be a good company to you", he giggled more.

"Why? Are you leaving?", I asked after hearing him.

"Ofcourse, unlike you I've a wife waiting for me in my home who you're forgetting is pregnant, she'll kill me if I reach late", he answered in a serious tone.

Lucky guy.
He has someone waiting for him at his home. They got married just a year before and now his wife  is 6 months pregnant with his kid. Love actually reflects around, whenever they're together.

"Yes sure, otherwise Bhabhi will kill me too", I muttered with a smile.

We hugged each other and he muttered, "Don't overthink, everything will be fine soon".

I nodded my head and left from there.

I stayed there in silence and sat on the chair placed in the balcony.

I called a waiter and order one more bottle of red wine for me.
I remained seated there and staring the view from the balcony until I emptied the whole bottle and my mind was at peace now.

I stood from there to move towards my house.

After some 25 minutes, I stood in front of my house with the car. The guards opened the door and I asked him to park the car for me.

I reached my room and laid myself down on the round shaped bed.
I opened my clothes except my boxers and changed myself into a loose pyjama.

I was naked from top.

I took my phone in my hands and opened 'instagram' on it.

I immediately searched a particular user name on it.

The ID opened, it was a personal account. I clicked on the profile picture of that ID.

The profile photo enlarged a bit. I adored the photograph for some moments.
I touched the screen of my phone over that photo with my fingers slowly.

"Kash tum hoti meri zindagi mein aaj, fir kisi aur ko dhundhna nahi parta mujhe, kyu itna door hogaya Mai tumse ki mujhe pata bhi nahi tum kaha ho, kaisi ho, theek bhi ho ya nahi".

"Aaj kuch nahi hai mere pas shivaaye tumhare iss profile photo ke. Jab yeh change hota hai, fir mujhe pata lagta hai ki tum me pichle dinon me kitna badlaon aaya hai".

"Bahut kuch kehna chahta tha tumse, samay ne sab cheen liya. Khair, jahan bhi hogi tum, pray karta hu khush ho, mujhsa nahi.
Itna sab kuch hai merepas, fir bhi koi apna nahi lagta. Pata nahi zindagi ne kya socha hai mere liye".

[I wish you were in my life today, then I wouldn't have to search for anyone else, why I got so away from you. So away that I don't even know where you are, how you are and even you're fine or not.

Today I don't have anything with me except your profile photo. I get to know about the changes in you, only when you change your profile photo.

I wanted to say a lot of things to you, but time snatched everything from me. Nevertheless, wherever you're, I just pray that you're happy, unlike me.
I have so many things, so many people for me, still no one feels like my own. I don't know what has destiny decided for me].

I touched the screen of my phone with my lips slowly and kept it near my heart.
A lone tear escaped from my eyes after remembering her and thinking that I had no future with her now.

Soon, I drifted to my sleep, imagining our sweet memories together.