4 ~ Her life

AISHA

My grandmother's voice hit my ears, "Get up beta, today is your interview na".

I nodded my head lazily in sleep. I held her wrists and made her to sit on bed. I shifted my head upon her lap and closed my eyes.

She kept her hand on my hair and caressed it softly, "Hamari Rajkumari".

[My princess].

"Good morning dadi", I muttered in my sleep.

She wished me the same and said, "Come on get up, I've already prepared the breakfast for you".

I got up immediately from the bed and muttered, "Why did you made it? I have told you na, not to step inside the kitchen when I'm there.".

She made me sit on the bed and replied slowly, "At least let me take care of you as long as I am alive".

"What are you saying dadi? That too this early morning", I muttered and hugged her tightly.

My dadi is the only one I've as my family now. My mother, father and my sister left us last year in a car accident and we shifted to Mussoorie this year since my dada's little property are here too.

We reside in a small house here.

I'd finished my graduation last year itself but keeping care of my grandmother was more important to me than finding a job for me.

The demise of half of my family had already hurt my life a lot.

And now, it seemed important for me to find a job. Even if it is less paid, it'll be fine.

I got up from my place and immediately finished my morning business.
I got myself ready into fresh clothes and finished eating my breakfast.
After touching my grandmother's feet I left for the interview.

On the way, I even prayed to Mahadev  that may I get this job.

I stepped inside the office and found a lot of people waiting there in line for the interview.

I sat on the chair placed in the hall.

I had applied for this interview when Priyanka, my only friend in Mussoorie informed me about this. She said that I should take a chance and that it was a great opportunity for me.

She lives just beside my house. We've turned out to be great friends lately. She lives along with her brother and father.
God has snatched her mother away from her when she was a child itself.

Sometimes, she brings us food when she prepares something special and at times I prepare food and send her.

I had came here in morning itself and now it's going to be evening soon. I was getting really bored now and anxiety was hitting me.

Finally my turn came and the receptionist called, "Aisha Gupta".

I stood up from my place to go inside Boss's cabin.

My fingers were crossed.
As I opened the door of his cabin and looked up, he showed me his palm and stopped me.

My world stopped there for a second.
Did he reject me already?

Shit.

But then he muttered in his heavy voice, "I need a break".

I took a breathe of relief and left from there.

After some ten minutes the receptionist called my name again.

I followed my way back to his cabin.
I opened the door of the cabin slowly and stepped inside.

"Good evening sir", I greeted him and stood infront of his desk.

"Good evening", he replied and signalled me to take a seat.

I sat on the chair infront of his and forwarded my resume to him with a smile on my face.

He went through it silently. He moved his gaze up to look at me.

"Zero work experience", he asked.

"I finished my graduation last year itself, and had a personal crisis. So..", I replied him honestly.

He nodded his head and read furthermore with silence.

"I see, your education and personal skills. I'm impressed".

I replied, "Thank you sir" with a smile.

"Will you be able to work under me? I mean will you be able to give your 100% for this job?", he asked in a serious tone.

Ofcourse, this is my first chance.

I nodded my head and replied, "110% sir. You can trust me. I'll put all my efforts".

"Okay, I'm trusting you. You can join from tomorrow", he finally replied.

It felt as if I was dreaming. I became so happy. A wide smile spread on my face promptly . "Thank you so much sir", I muttered out of happiness.

He nodded his head.
I stood up from my place and left from there after giving him a warm smile.

I came out of the office and went back first to Mahadev's temple.

I bent myself infront of him and joined my hands.

"Thank you so much Mahadev. For everything you're doing to heal my life again. Thank you!".

I stood up from there and took the Prasad from pandit ji.

I reached my home after some ten minutes.

I hugged my grandmother tightly from behind.

"What happened? What happened?", she asked out of curiosity.

"Your granddaughter grabbed the offer", I shouted in happiness.

She became so happy after hearing this and hugged me again tightly.

"Did you thank Mahadev for this?".

"Not only thanked him, but I've also brought the Prasad for you ", I replied and forwarded the Prasad to her.

The environment around me became happy all of a sudden.

After having my dinner, I covered myself with the blanket on the bed.

Dadi had already slept.
It was cold outside.

The moon was visible from my window. I kept on staring it.

The scenes from today's interview revolved around my mind.

I'm going to be his PA.

He was wearing a black shirt which was rolled upto his biceps. Few strands of his hair were falling on his forehead which looked as if he was working since morning.

I haven't seen him earlier. But his face looks so 'seen' to me.

I don't even know his name, how can it be possible.
But his smile was so comforting. He looked so kind, handsome and whatever a girl could ask for in looks.

Nevertheless, it isn't like we've a future together. He is the CEO of the company and I'll just be a normal PA in his company.

Tomorrow is going to be a new day for me. New phase my of life is going to begin. I've to fill myself only with positivity and prove myself infront of everyone.

I closed my eyes while thinking about all these and slept in a deep sleep but only before putting an alarm for 6a.m. tomorrow.