3 ~ The interview

VIVAAN

"Now speak", he asked in a serious tone.

"It's getting even worse day per day. Dad gave me time of one month", I replied and closed my eyes to relax my running mind.

"Time of one month? On what context?", he asked with his raised eyebrows.

I placed my palms on both side of the table and replied,

"I told them that I already have someone in my life and that- she wants to keep it private right now- I'll marry her only".

"What?", he opened his mouth wide.

I nodded my head slowly and replied,

"Yes, they said that if I don't tell them about her in one month, he'll give his words about me to someone else. And you know how stubborn dad is? Freaking man of his words".

He was looking at me with awe.

"Bura fas gaya bhai tu, kaha se layega larki ab?".

"You are caught in a very bad situation bhai. From where will you bring a girl now?", he asked in a low tone.

"I don't know", I muttered.

"Bhai, I'm still telling you, Kanika is a better option".

This time I picked up the file from the table and threw it on his face.

He started laughing loudly.

"Go away if you can't help", I replied in a loud voice.

He came near me and picked up my phone in his hands which was lying earlier on the table.

"Let's make your matrimonial ID", he spoke.

"Rubbish idea. I don't know how to connect with girls", I replied.

"Who is telling that you'll talk with him? What is your bhai for?", he smirked.

"Do you want me to tell this to Bhabhi?", I stated immediately.

"Very good! I'm trying to help you here and you're planning to destroy my life already?", he acted.

He sat beside me on the table and fastly made my matrimonial ID.

He logged in my ID into his phone and said, "Don't worry, your bhai will handle your life now".

"Stupid", I muttered and laughed.

Deep down I knew that this wasn't going to help me. I needed to plan something else in order to save my own life.

The day passed by soon and night took over. No one said anything to me at night and I felt relaxed when I slept.

The next few days passed quite fastly. I had a business trip to attend in Jaipur.

Aniket kept on disturbing me throughout by telling me names of different girls and sending their photos to me. None of them looked like the one I wanted my wife to be like.

When, I returned home I had three weeks more left for me to find a girl.

But here, I was sitting right now, interviewing and finding a new PA for me.

A man came inside the room and sat on the chair placed infront of me after greeting me.

He showed me his resume.

"So, you worked in GK Industries too?", I enquired.

"Yes sir, two months back I left the company", he answered.

"You also worked in J and M Pvt. Ltd.".

"Yes sir, some six months ago", he replied.

"I see, you keep on changing your company quite frequently Mr. Das".

"I believe in exploring something new sir".

"So, that means, you'll leave our company too when your mind will ask you to explore more?".

He shook his head slowly and muttered, "Who would want to leave your company sir?".

"How do I trust you?".

He remained silent.

I rolled my eyes back in disappointment and replied, "You can leave".

"But sir, atleast give me a chance", he pleaded.

"Just leave Mr. Das. I suggest you should explore more", I closed my eyes and rested my head back on the chair.

I heard the faded steps of that man leaving the room.

This was the 12th guy I interviewed today and I got nothing but disappointment.

I heard the voice of another pair of footsteps coming inside my cabin.

The door of my cabin opened and I immediately showed my palm to stop the next candidate.

"I need a break", I muttered with my eyes closed.

I heard those footsteps leaving my cabin again.

I ordered a coffee for me and drank it in peace.

After some ten minutes, I shouted, "Next" and prayed to God to send some good candidate for me this time.

I heard the voice of footsteps approaching my cabin. I was just hoping that this time I find the correct person.

The door of my cabin opened. I moved my gaze to look up.

She was walking inside in a lavender kurti and white pants paired along with denim jacket. She had a small bindi on her forehead. Her hair ended before her shoulders. She was wearing small earrings on her ears.

She was looking simple yet elegant. My eyes weren't ready to accept her beautiful facea and her petite body.

"Good evening sir", she greeted me.

Her voice seemed so sweet.

"Good evening", I replied and signalled her to take a seat.

She sat on the chair in front of me. She forwarded her resume to me with a smile on her face.

"Zero work experience", I asked.

"I finished my graduation last year itself, and had a personal crisis. So..", she replied in a soothing voice.

I nodded my head.

"I see, your education and personal skills. I'm impressed".

She replied and muttered, "Thank you sir".

"Will you be able to work under me? I mean will you be able to give your 100% for this job?", I asked in a serious tone.

She nodded her head and replied, "110% sir. You can trust me. I'll put all my efforts".

She reflected dedication in her voice.

"Okay, I'm trusting you. You can join from tomorrow".

Her face turned extremely happy after hearing this. "Thank you so much sir", she muttered out of happiness.

She smiled and left from there.

My eyes were not able to believe me. I wanted that girl to be my PA. I wanted to spend more time with her, actually a lifetime with her~