29 ~ His plans for her

VIVAAN

I picked her from home.
We were sitting inside the car and I was driving.

"Where are we going Vivaan sir?".

I stared her and she muttered with a pout, "Okay, Vivaan ,sorry".

"Tell me na, where are we going".

"Hospital", I replied, bluntly.

She became nervous, as her brows thinned, "what happened? Why? Are you sick? Why didn't you tell me earlier?".

I smiled and replied, "Nothing happened to me, Aisha".

"Then? Is someone else not well?", she asked in confusion.

I looked into her eyes and muttered with a smile, "Aniket became father".

Her face immediately turned excited and she placed her hand on my thigh.

"Oh my God, when? Why did you not tell me earlier?".

"I got to know just 15 minutes before, Aisha and she was born 20 minutes ago", I stated, my tone soft.

"Oh my God, Vivaan sir, it's a 'she', it's a girl. They're so lucky".

I nodded my head and smiled.

We were equally excited to meet them through the entire ride.

We reached the hospital. I asked for her room and the receptionist showed me the way.

We went inside and Aniket was standing outside the door. He was alone. Pacing back and forth on the same place with his phone in his hand.

As he saw me coming, he ran towards me and we hugged each other tightly.

I was feeling so happy that my childhood bestfriend has turned into a father.

I've seen this guy when he was a child, he turned adult, we started our business together, he married and now he is a father.

It was a great, great thing for me.

"Uncle-aunty?", I asked him, as he was alone.

"On their way", he replied with a smile.

Aisha walked towards him to congratulate him and he side- hugged her.

We were waiting for the nurse to come outside with the baby.

Some five minutes later, the nurse came outside with the baby girl. She was so small, so so so small. She was milky-white in complexion. Her eyes were closed. Her hands were so small.

She handed over the baby to Aniket and his eyes turned moist after picking his baby girl in his arms.

I patted his shoulder gently and he smiled looking at me.

He asked about Puja bhabhi and the nurse said that only husband or any other lady can meet her now.

He looked towards me and I could see that he was in urgent need of seeing her.

I signalled Aisha to take the baby in her arms.

She sat with the baby on her lap and Aniket went inside.

I was holding baby's little hand. Aisha looked at me and we smiled looking at each other.

"She is so small na", I said to her.

"Just born na", she muttered with a grin, while looking towards the cutiepie.

"Isn't she a look alike of her mother", I asked in a low voice.