8 ~ Her personal issues

VIVAAN

My morning started with a good news when I came to know that one of the deals which I was fighting for days has been finally grabbed by our company.

And, I wanted to share this with her firstly.

I got ready in my formals and left for the office. I parked my car and stepped inside. Everyone stood and greeted me but my eyes were looking for her.

She was standing on her place with her lowered gaze. My heart fluttered as I saw her petite beautiful figure.

I went inside my cabin and took my seat. I got a call from my client and started talking with him.

After my call disconnected, I kept the phone on table and picked up a file in my hands.

"Good.. good morning sir", her slow voice hit my ears.

I moved my gaze up to look at her. She was standing right here and I didn't even look at her once.

"Hey, when did you come? Good morning by the way", I asked with a smile on my face.

Honestly, my day turns great after she comes in front of me. Her gazes turn everything beautiful around me. Her presence around me comforts me. Knowing that she is in the office, my heart feels calm and as soon as she leaves, my heart again becomes a mess.

"When.. you were talking on the call", she replied.

"Have a seat", I signalled her by my hand.

She shook her head slowly in negative.

Something seemed wrong today, her eyes were telling something else. As if she was disturbed because of something. Her intense eyes showcased pain in them.

"Are you okay?", I questioned while looking into her eyes intensely and deeply.

She opened her mouth to reply me but suddenly someone knocked on the door.

I became frustrated. She was in pain. And the least I wanted right now was 'disturbance'.

"GO AWAY! I AM BUSY", I shouted in my loud voice which made her to take a step back.

"Yaa say, what you were about to speak", I tried to comfort her after seeing her moving back.

"Sir.. sir actually I..", she was stuttering out of nervousness. She wasn't able to speak whatever she wanted to. Out of fear maybe-

"You can say whatever you want, I'll never get angry on you", I spoke calmly and took a step forward.

"Uh- Sir".

"Yes, Aisha".

"Sir- I need my two months advance salary". That's it? She was in need of money? Nothing else. But there must be something.

"Okay, Aisha. That will be sent to you within ten minutes in your account. Anything else?".

She took a deep breathe inside and felt relaxed. But something was still present in her eyes.

"Anything else?", I questioned again while looking deep into her eyes.

"Sir- I won't be able to come to office for this week", she spoke in a low voice.

Damn, how will I live now? Without seeing her. Without feeling her presence. For an entire week. An entire week. That was going to be tough.

"May I know the reason?", I spoke in a utmost soothing voice.

"Personal issues", she muttered while lowering her gaze.

Is she getting married? What else does personal reasons involve? I cannot let her get married, but first I need to confirm that.

"As in? Are you getting married?", I asked directly and she moved her gaze up to look at me.

She shook her head slowly and replied, "Grandmother is not well".

And a lone drop of tear left from her eyes while speaking this. She was crying.

As soon as tears rolled down her cheeks, I turned myself back unable to face her anymore. I cannot bare tears in her eyes, not in front of me.

I just wanted to pull her in my arms and comfort her but I cannot even do that.

Without facing her, I took out my handkerchief from my pocket and forwarded it to her.

After some seconds I muttered, "Fine, you can go, take the leave".

"Thank you sir", she replied and I heard the faded footsteps of her leaving the room.

I banged my fist with all my strength against the wall. Fuck! her tears.

I called Amit and asked him to transfer two months advance as soon as possible in Aisha's bank account.

I didn't wanted her to take a leave but it was about her family. I cannot deny either.

I was restless the whole day. I couldn't believe that my day started with such a good news and is ending with such bad one.

Out of anger and anxiety I left from the office at noon.

I drove myself to my home back.

Mom was sitting along with dad in the hall. As I was walking towards the stairs, dad's voice interrupted me.

"You returned so early today? Is everything alright?".

"Yes", I replied and took a step forward towards my room but again I was stopped by his voice, "Come, sit here with us".

I turned back and shifted myself on the sofa infront of them, although I was in no mood.

"Is everything fine? You look disturbed", mom asked.

I shook my head and replied, "It's nothing".

"Did you had a chat with your choice about your marriage?", dad asked in a serious tone.

"I'm in no mood to talk about all of this right now", I stated and stood up from there.

"Fine, do not talk about this. But remember you just have four more days in your hands", my heartbeats raced and I took fast steps towards my room.

I threw my things aside and laid down on the bed. I ran my fingers in my hair out of exasperation and closed my eyes.

I had no other option than to wait for her, till the next week. How will I survive till then?

I knew the time will pass very slowly. Because that's how difficult time passes. I'll have to bear this pain somehow.

I closed my eyes and prayed to God, Please take care of her.~