Chapter 50

The earth shuddered as the massive reinforced arms of the Shikoutazer came crumbling down while the echo of a surprised gasp escaped the giant Tiegu's cockpit. The numerous layers of armor and protections covering Shikoutazer were durable beyond the world's belief.

In the entire time Najenda, Leone, and Selka were stalling it, nothing they had done left even a scratch on its surface. Now though, it was different.

Crackling sparks spewed from the Shikoutazer's severed arms, creating arcing trails of electricity that seared the canopy of the forest a dull orange. Signs of malfunction were rampant in the giant Teigu as like most Teigu, they weren't meant to operate while broken.

Mechanisms in the Teigu, Pumpkin, for example would cease to function if core parts were destroyed such as the muzzle or trigger.

Teigu were not designed to operate with missing parts, but the Shikoutaser was the Nation Defending machine god of the Empire. It would not fall so easily.

A sheen of energy coated the stumps of the arms while the scent of battery acid and smoke permeated through the air.

"We can't waste this chance!" Najenda was quick to act, signaling towards Leone and Selka.

"Ah! No, go away!" The child emperor's voice echoed from Shikoutazer's cockpit.

A sheen of energy began to manifest around Shikoutazer's body, creating a shaky barrier that pulsed with intermittent flashes of light. Though shaky, the barrier easily repelled Najenda's bullets, leaving no damage at all.

However, just because damage was mitigated to nothing didn't mean that momentum was offset.

The child emperor tried to lift a leg in retreat, but stumbled as it stubbed its foot on a tiny hard place.

Selka's muscles bulged as she clung to Shikoutazer's toe by hooking Shirou's daggers into small nooks and crannies in the giant's design. Her current efforts were never about piercing through Shikoutazer's armour, rather, she dug her heels into the ground as the giant attempted to move.

'For my WEDDIINNGG!'

Veins popped over Selka's biceps, every muscle of her body screaming as she grounded the Shikoutazer in place with unwavering determination rooted in pure selfishness and ulterior motive.

"W-What? Let go!" Panicking, the child emperor tried to stomp on Selka with his other foot, only to realize he couldn't or he'd risk toppling over. Without Shikoutazer's arms, he coudln't even swat Selka away.

The child emperor quickly deployed a barrier to force Selka off, but she'd grounded herself too deeply and persistently pressed on the deployed barrier, leaving the child emperor's objective moot.

Naive as the child emperor was, he was keener when his life was in danger.

The hairs on the back of the child emperor's neck raised as the sound of the Shikoutazer lurching entered his ears.

T-These assassin's were trying to topple him.

Left without arms, it was difficult for Shikoutazer to rebalance itself without counterweights.

"Leone!" Najenda called.

"I know!" Leone replied back with the bloodshot eyes of a beast.

Leone's Teigu had transformed her into a bi-pedal lion-type Danger Beast whose strength didn't lose out to even Bulat and Incursio. Bounding up the Shikoutazer's restrained leg with her clawed arms and feet, she quickly smashed herself into the back of the Shioutazer's knee joint.

The damage was mitigated, but the momentum still carried and forced the joint to bend. With the foot held down by Selka, there was no way to rebalance and the giant fell onto its back.