Part 3

Young Chamberlain slept most of the day away. This was likely his most restful sleep he had ever had that he remembered since being out of his liquid tube 'womb.'

When he awoke, little Sil found he was sleeping on something soft, a bed. He had never slept in one before. At the lab, he had always just slept on the floor of his cell. At first, this felt like a strange dream to him. He had never thought there was such kind treatment in the world.

Now that his sleep needs were met, he saw the daylight for the first time, and it was very bright in the room. It was early afternoon. He remembered being saved by some creatures. What were they again? He would find out later. But where were they right now?

Little Sil pulled the covers back and he got out of his bed. This bed was the most wonderful thing ever. He also had to stretch his limbs. It felt good.

"Now where are my new friends?" He asked himself. He also felt the need to relieve himself. He saw a door leading to another room and went in to investigate. In there, he saw a tub and toilet. He had been taught to use a toilet and instantly went to use it. He had to pull the pants down first. He just wasn't used to wearing pants was all.

After he was done going, he flushed it too. Then he went out of the bathroom and opened the door he remembered going into and saw the long hallway. He had had a tour last night, but it was still going to take some getting used to.

"Hello? Is anyone here? Brooklyn?" Chamberlain called out. "Humans?"

From a camera standpoint, it aimed on him, and Owen was watching the camera. The little one was now awake and wanting to come out and explore. He knew he had to go greet him so he wouldn't get into trouble.

Sil was nervous about which way to go. He was still new to the outside world outside the lab. Everything was different from inside the lab. He had never seen the light of day before, or the night until last night.

"Hey there, little one." A male voice greeted him from his left.

Sil saw a blonde man with glasses coming toward him. He still remembered most men being scary to him. It instantly had the little Skeksis hiss and bare his teeth at him in a cat-like defense. He backed against the wall.

"It's alright, little Chamberlain. I won't hurt you." Owen said softly, trying to win him over. "You remember Brooklyn, Lexington, and Angela, right?"

Sil calmed down at the mention of their names. "Yes. Where are they?" he demanded fiercely.

"They are still asleep. It is only the afternoon. They will awaken again tonight." Owen explained.

"Can't you get them up?" Sil asked firmly.

"No, I'm afraid I can't. Did the gargoyles tell you how they sleep?" Owen asked him.

"I figure they just sleep as I do." The kid replied.

"They sleep yes, but not like you do. The gargoyles sleep outside usually as stone statues every day." Owen explained. "They can only awaken at sunset. They turn to stone every morning when the sun rises. It's a process that repeats every day and night."

"I still not understand." Sil replied.

"Come with me, little one." Owen gestured for him to follow him. Sil followed at a little distance, not trusting the man.

Owen soon led him to the high tower where Sil was led outside to see stone figures on the parapets. He saw the gargoyles and recognized them, even coming across Brooklyn.

"Does it hurt them?" Sil asked in worry.

"No, it doesn't. They are fine, I assure you. They also get some solar energy from the sun shining on them. It makes them fresh and strong the next time they awaken." Owen explained.