Part 18: Requiem

Berlin, Germany, November 9, A.D. 1989

Brooklyn and Sil had been transported to a time in Germany where they were watching the Berlin Wall being destroyed. They were keeping to themselves and were just watching a reunification taking place before them. But it was a joyous thing to behold. The folks of this city were so happy to be united as one.

But it wasn't long before the Gate decided that it would send them both on another trip.

.............

Off the coast of Ireland, May 2255

The flames dissipated and both Brook and Sil found themselves falling. Brook tried to grab for Sil but they both were stopped by a board of something floating. When they got to their feet, Brook asked Sil, "Are you alright, Sil?"

"Yes. Thought was a goner." Sil replied, rubbing his head, getting up. "What is this thing?"

"I'm not sure." Brook looked around. "It looks like a boat."

It sure was densely foggy, they both knew. "Where are we?" Sil asked.

"I'm not sure." Brook replied.

"Hello? Is there someone there?" A voice called out. A female voice.

"Just let me do the talking." Brooklyn told Sil. "Yes. Who's there?"

A figure stepped out from the cabin on the boat. "Hello, Brooklyn, and Chamberlain Sil." A familiar figure greeted them.

The two of them couldn't believe their eyes. It was Demona! The two of them scrambled backwards. Brooklyn flared his wings and his eyes glowed. They both were dazed at the moment and the red male wasn't wanting to fight. But in his dazed state, he didn't recognize that this Demona looked different than what he usually saw. Her demeanor was also different.

"Where are we, Demona?!" Brooklyn demanded fiercely. "If you've laid a trap for us, you've another thing coming!"

"I'm not going to hurt either of you. I take it this is one of your earlier time dances?" Demona asked. "Times have changed, you two. Far more than you realize."

Brooklyn and Sil both noticed that this Demona wasn't sounding like the one they had known before. "Oh, that makes us feel so much safer." Brooklyn scoffed as he got to his feet. He helped Sil up as well.

"When are we anyway?" Sil asked.

"You mean the date. May 2255." Demona replied.

"You mean we're in the future?" Brooklyn's eyes widened.

"Yes." Demona answered.

"Where are we?" Sil asked. "Are you the only one here?"

"Yes. This is a funeral barge for my beloved mate, Benedick." Demona stated. "We're headed for Scotland."

Brooklyn still had his doubts but what he heard in Demona's voice was sadness. She also wore different garb too. Her skin and hair still looked the same. No aging. She also wore the same crown. But she also wore a golden breastplate and shoulder guards and leg guards. There was also a different belt on her waist. Her wing hands rested on the shoulder guards rather than around her shoulders.

"Come inside, Brooklyn and Sil. I assure you that the cabin is more comfortable than this vessel's deck." Demona said.

"You are definitely not one that brings out the best in me." Brooklyn growled.

"This barge is carrying a wonderful gargoyle to Wyvern, Scotland to be laid to rest with his adopted clan." Demona explained.

"Who is this gargoyle?" Sil asked.