Part 6: Sil's first Halloween

By the time Halloween came about, the costumes had been delivered and ready to go. The punishment was now over and though grounding Sil to stay away from the party might have been equal justice, but it was only his first Halloween and needed to see what it was about.

It had been hard for Brooklyn to get Sil interested in doing activities with him again.

"Sil, we could never hate you. We just needed you to learn a lesson. When you do certain things that you were told to do and disobey, there will be consequences for them. That's why you have to respect what we tell you to do, especially out there away from the castle. We are going to help the humans out there, and we need you to stay where we put you to keep you safe." Brooklyn explained the concept to him.

"I just wanted to put my training to use."

"I know. But just wait until you're a little bigger first. But yeah, if you are faced with bad guys, do the best you can." Brook coaxed him.

"I did. They just knew how to hurt me."

"It was your first time feeling some deep pain on your body. Believe me, getting a good hit in the ribs or stomach is no fun and it hurts. But you have to try not to show weakness in the middle of the fight. After the fight is when you can break down and say something about the pain in order to get it treated." Brooklyn explained.

This was just part of warrior training. Showing pain at the wrong time could let an enemy get the drop on you. But this had just been a first step towards being a warrior in his future. Sil would learn.

Now it was time to get ready for the Halloween party. The party would take place down in the lobby. Humans would start arriving down there around seven.

Elisa drove to the castle in her regular clothes and changed in the castle. She now looked like the equivalent of Princess Jasmine from Aladdin. Goliath thought she looked beautiful.

Talon and Maggie showed up too. Claw had stayed back at the Labyrinth to keep an eye on things.

Broadway was the lion and Angela was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Lexington was dressed up as Frankenstein. Hudson had decided to be Friar Tuck from Robin Hood.

Brooklyn was Sherlock Holmes as he said he would be. He helped little Sil get into his costume of the raven. He had black feathers and everything that complimented his bird-like features. His black hair blended right in with it too.

"You look awesome!" Brooklyn exclaimed joyfully to Sil. Then he let him look in the mirror.

"I feel awkward in it. But I do look rather imposing." Sil smiled.

"Well, it might be called a raven, but you could call yourself a vulture too." Brooklyn urged. "Your face has the look of a vulture."

Over the summer, Sil had been shown some shows on the Discovery Channel that he knew what vultures were and watching the Jungle Book too. He knew they were scavenging, predatory birds. Not very friendly looking either.

Brooklyn knew that he didn't want to be scary. His hat went on over his horns. He had his hair pulled out of his coat so it wouldn't rub on his neck. But he had wrapped his wings around his waist again to put his jacket on over them. He was the only gargoyle to have ever done this, but he could still pull them out if he needed them. He also had a toy pipe in his hand. That was part of Sherlock Holmes' look.

Little Sil followed Brooklyn to the elevator when they were ready to go down to the party. Halfway down, they had to switch elevators too. Of course, there was also gliding down to the ground, but the gargoyles didn't want to give away their secret identities.