Part 14: Meeting Setup Part 2

The next stop was a time in France. It was in the mid-1700s.

The Phoenix flames deposited Brooklyn and Sil on a rooftop and had to blink to get their bearings.

"Where are we now?" Sil asked Brooklyn.

"I'm not sure." Brooklyn looked around. "It does look like Scotland but not sure of the time period. Too bad the Phoenix Gate can't give us the year for every time it takes us to certain time periods. We can only find out from newspapers or the locals. And remember Sil, it won't always be easy to talk to the locals." He explained. "Come on, let's have a look around."

"Ok." Sil said and Brooklyn hunched down so his friend could get on his back. Then they took off from the rooftop.

It turned out that sunrise wasn't that far off. Brooklyn was feeling tired. He knew he had to find a place to sleep. He soon spotted an old church. He flew them to it.

"Brooklyn, I'm hungry." Sil stated.

"Sunrise isn't that far off for me, Sil. I'm not sure where we'll find food this late, or early." Brook replied. "I promise that when I wake up again, we'll look for some food first. Best thing to do is stay near me."

"Okay." Sil reluctantly gave in.

Brooklyn landed them on the church and there were stone gargoyles on it, but just decorations. Sil got fascinated by them. "Shouldn't these gargoyles be woken up too?" Sil asked.

"Some humans also made stone gargoyles to protect churches and other buildings. This is good cover for me. Just make sure that in the daylight that you stay out of sight." Brooklyn declared.

"I know. But cool on these other gargoyles." Sil commented.

Sunrise soon came and Brooklyn took a standing pose as the sun rose and his stone formation happened. Sil then sat down by him, and he watched as the village started coming to life more so. Crowing roosters woke up the townspeople and they started getting around for the day.

Sil watched as humans walked around beneath him. Some certain scents began to catch his nose. It made his belly growl all the more. "HMMMM! Sorry Brooklyn, I can't wait to eat. I'll be back." Sil whined.

The young Skeksis looked for a way down the building. Very carefully and quietly, he climbed down the rooftop and sides and keeping to the shadows, he looked up at the church to remember what it looked like from the ground and higher.

Chamberlain soon found his way to a meat house. His nose led him there. He got in through a window. He made it in without being seen. He was so famished that his mouth watered seeing all this meat. He tore a big chunk of meat off a rope that was a big deer leg. Still not wanting to be seen, he snuck back out of the house and came the way he had before, getting back to the church. His upper arms held the carcass as his front arms helped him to climb back up the church building.

There was an overhang and Sil got under it and started eating the meat right away. He saw Brooklyn was still sleeping nearby. "Sorry, Brooklyn, but I have to do what I have to do to get food." Sil declared before biting into the food again. It wasn't cooked and yet, Skeksis could eat food raw or living.

Sil ate most of the meat, but as the day progressed, bugs started swarm on the meat that he had tried to save for Brooklyn. Sil ended up finishing it for himself. Food that was saved needed covering up. Then he pushed the bones off the roof. Brooklyn would have to find something else.

At last, Sil felt tired enough to go to sleep now that his belly wasn't driving him crazy. He settled down over near Brooklyn afterward and fell asleep. But later in the day, a storm blew in and the rain that blasted down woke Sil up and it made him go back to the overhang. He was soaked. He shook his head off.