Part 10: Brook and Sil Meet the Ladies

997 A.D.

It was a night with a full moon and an eclipse going on too.

There were four humans riding their horses late at night on their way to the next town. One was King Constantine the 3rd, Brigti, Gillcomgain, and a sorcerer man called Brother Valmont. They were just riding peacefully when Valmont sensed something magical. He turned his horse towards the moon.

"Something approaches..." Valmont sensed the air.

The other men turned to his words and were going to ask what he sensed when a light opened up in the sky above them, surprising them.

"Your Highness, are you-?" Brigti asked what he was seeing.

"Look, up there!" Gillcomgain exclaimed.

Out of the flames in the sky dropped a red gargoyle and a small Skeksis, getting tossed and rolled towards the men, getting the wind knocked out of them, grunting as they rolled. They soon stopped in front of the men and their horses. They both sat up and looked up at the audience in front of them. Brooklyn dropped the Gate on the ground too.

"Where are we?" Sil asked.

"I don't... know..." Brooklyn replied.

The horses reared in panic. Horses had a usual fear of gargoyles. The men now saw what they were. They got furious and determined to kill them. Gillcomgain was the first Hunter of gargoyles.

"They're gargoyles!" Brigti said.

"Father! They're demons!" Gillcomgain snarled, taking out a knife.

"Kill them!" Constantine ordered.

"Sil, move!" Brooklyn yelled. Sil quickly got out of the way but wasn't leaving his friend. Brooklyn was still down as the young hunter ran towards him, snarling.

"Die, Demon!" Gillcomgain snarled angrily. He had a knife ready to stab Brooklyn.

"Hey, I come in peace!" Brooklyn cried out that he didn't want to hurt him, but he had to defend himself and his friend. He was still down, and he quickly resorted to grabbing the boy and flipping him over himself and away from Sil, who had stopped to look back at the men from a safe distance. He also saw the Gate on the ground and picked it up. Gillcomgain screeched as he was thrown a good distance.

Brooklyn then got up, hunched over. "Looks like we're not in Manhattan anymore. Don't suppose any of you could tell us where we are? Or more important, when?" Sil also looked over at the men for an answer.

Constantine then stomped his horse angrily. "Can't any of you kill two gargoyles for your king?!"

The men ignored Brooklyn's question and knew they had to get out of here quickly if they were even going to live. The red male got up and ran to Sil. "Get on, hurry!" He ordered. Sil hurriedly got on Brook's back, and he ran for the edge of the hill, spreading his wings and jumping off.

"What's going on, Brooklyn?" Sil asked fearfully.

"From things going on, it's the tenth century Scotland." Brooklyn figured out where and when they were, but not the year. They had to get away quickly before something happened to them.

Brother Valmont was also a hater of gargoyles, and he summoned a spell that made a bow and arrow appear in his hands down below them.

Brooklyn flapped his wings to get more momentum to get higher in the air to escape his foes. Sil still had the Gate in his hand too.

"Great, and we lost the Gate!" Brook snarled.

Valmont down below took aim at the pair fleeing from them. He pulled the arrow back and fired, hoping to kill the flyer.