CXLIII: The Stolen Trainer

Oliver Kent and Wally Grant were in the Gryffindor quidditch locker room. Wally's was pressed hard back against the wall next to the door of the showers, Oliver's hands in his hair, massaging his scalp as his tongue did the same to the inside of Wally's mouth. Wally could barely breathe and he turned his head, breaking the kiss even as Oliver's fingers tightened in the strands of hair. Wally's arms hung lazily over Oliver's shoulders. 

"Shit, Ollie," he murmured, "It's like seventh year in here all over again."

Oliver laughed. "If we had time I'd suggest a shower --"

Wally's face reddened and he said, "That pour fourth year, though."

"I know," Oliver said, shaking his head. "Poor lad. Wonder what he's up to now?"

"Dunno," Wally said. "I reckon after seeing you like that he's probably more camp than a row of tents, though, and utterly ruined with high expectations that cannot ever be met by another being."

Oliver snorted, "Godric Gryffindor you're full of it."

Wally's eyes sparkled, "Says the man who invited me to our old school grounds just to make out in the locker room."

"If only that were the only reason I wanted you to come today," Oliver said, and his hands slid out of Wally's hair slowly. He glanced at his watch as he spoke, "You know I really just didn't want to be alone - not today, of all days. I'm honestly foolish for having agreed to come here today. Talk about a place feeling haunted."

"You could've scheduled these kids any time," Wally said.

"I know. I don't know. It felt... right... when I was doing it to schedule it for today, for the anniversary, since it's in his honor I'm doing it anyway." Oliver shrugged.

"Yeah, I get it," Wally said. "I do and I think it's beautiful, you know that, but you really know how to drive a dagger into your own heart, don't you?"

"I'm well practiced at it by this point," Oliver joked darkly.

Wally shook his head.

"They should be here in about a half hour," Oliver said, grinning, then said, "Maybe that is long enough after all for the showers...?"

Wally grinned back and was just about to answer when the door of the locker room banged open and a very large man in training gear stepped inside, and Oliver was about to ask him who he was and just what he was doing in the school locker rooms when out from behind the man stepped Viktor Krum, obviously fresh from a training session. The large man stopped dead in his tracks and Viktor looked up, his eyes taking in the scene of the two men before him before finally meeting Oliver's eyes.

"Mr. Kent?" Viktor said, surprised. "Is it you?" He blinked in surprise, and then a hopeful expression came upon his face, as he wiped away a sheen of sweat from his forehead. "Has my father hired you on again?"

Oliver's jaw had dropped at the sight of Krum. He shook the shock off and said, "I - I - no, he hasn't."

"Then what is it you are doing?" Viktor's eyes went to Wally and his eyes lit up with recognition - he'd seen Wally in the photographs on Oliver's walls, too, and he looked back to Oliver with question in his eyes.

"Does the headmaster know you're using the school grounds as a rendezvous location?" gruffed the large man behind Viktor, glowering with judgment clear in his eyes.

"Rendezvous location!" Wally laughed.

Oliver's mouth went very dry and he was about to answer when Wally continued:

"Yes Dumbledore knows! Of course he does." Wally looked at Oliver. "He does, doesn't it?" Oliver nodded. "Of course he does!" Wally repeated. Then he added, "Oliver's here to meet with one of the boys from Hogwarts about training him for quidditch - and possibly for the Tourney if he's named a champion."