Prune Me 🌿:

Prune Me:

Dear God,

I pray that you'll prune me. Rid me of anything that does not please you. Make me over completely. Let not the devil have a footstool in my life. Make me calm and humble. Show me who I am in You. In Jesus name, Amen.

The word pruning means the removal of branches selectively. In John 15, it states that, "I am the vine and you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned"

whew 😮‍💨 that word!!! We are branches and in order to thrive and grow, we need Jesus. He is the source that we need in order to grow. We cannot bear fruit from the vine if our branches our dead.

That's why the verse says that any man who remains in Him and He in them, he will bear MUCH fruit.

The reason why your attitude is the same way, is because you're not remaining in Him. To remain in Him means to seek Him daily so that you will not depart from the way that He commanded us to live.

So when He prunes us, our branches produce fruit. And by fruit, I mean the fruits of the spirit. Galatians 5:22-23: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Stop trying to change on your own, allow God to prune you ❤️. I hope this helped someone.