As Salt to Bitterness and As Light to Darkness 💡:

In Matthew five, Jesus preaches to his disciples and ensures them that suffering is worth it. Your suffering is temporary and worth it.

In Matthew five verse thirteen, Jesus calls us the salt of the earth. "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

What does Jesus mean when he calls us the salt of the earth? 🤔

Salt brings flavor to that which is bitter. Salt not only brings flavor to bitterness but it also suppresses the taste of bitterness. The word suppress means to put and end to.

If the earth loses its flavor, how can it be flavorful again? What good is something with no flavor?

Jesus then goes on to call us the light of the world.
Matthew 14:16: ""You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

What does that mean? 🤔

Our Father is the light and as His little light bulbs, we are to use our light to impact the world greatly!

So salt suppresses bitterness and light dispels the darkness.

We are to bring flavor to His people and eliminate, dispel the kingdom of darkness which is keeping His people bound to sin.

To bring out flavor in something means to make something easier to see or notice. When we represent Jesus, it's easier for unbelievers to recognize Him inside of us.

whew 😮‍💨!!! I love y'all and God does too ❤️👍🏾