Oh Balls

A/N: This is where we really start to deviate from how originally season 3 played out.

3rd Person POV:

After confronting her brother there was one other person Rebekah felt she owed a little "hello" to.

She went after Elena, surprising her as she tried to pull out of a parking spot.

Letting her hit her while staying in a blind spot so Elena immediately hopped out of her car to check what she hit which is when Rebekah grabbed her.

"Drive much?" she asks scaring Elena.

"Rebekah," Elenah breathes out terrified of what the blonde Original is about to do to her.

Rebekah grabs her and slams her up against the car.

"Surprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt," she tells her. 

"I'm sorry," Elena says genuinely feeling bad about her previous actions but Rebekah ignores her big doe eyes refusing to fall for any tricks again and instead bites her rather viciously causing her to scream out.

Elijah suddenly comes rushing over and pulls Rebekah off her holding her by her throat.

"Leave," he orders Elena who is listening hopping back into her car even tho her neck is still torn open she doesn't risk staying around a furious Rebekah even with Elijah apparently in her corner. 

Once Elena drives off Elijah releases his grip on his sister but Rebekah doesn't run off instead she takes a step forward more than ready to confront the so-called "noble" one who so casually chooses a human over his own sister.

"Are you challenging me?" Elijah asks causing Rebekah to have second thoughts in picking a fight with him.

"You're pathetic," she tells him before zooming away.

Once gone Elijah races in the direction Elena just drove off in. He catches up to her quickly and steps in front of her speeding car, still far enough away she's able to stop in time before hitting yet another Original with her car tonight.

Once she stops he opens her door and helps her out biting into his wrist and offering it to her to heal her bleeding neck.

Elena quickly accepts his offering not liking how dizzy she's feeling from Rebekah's earlier attack.

She heals quickly after just a sip and takes a step back from Elijah resting a bit on the side of her car.

Elijah gives her a moment to compose herself before speaking, "Well...I believe we have a little catching up to do," he says as he opens the passenger side door for her intimating he will be taking over driving for tonight.

Deciding this isn't a fight she wants to start Elena obeys and gets back in the car.

As Elijah drives her home making sure no other siblings try to attack her tonight he fills her in on how it was his mother, Esther, who was in the coffin Abby and Bonnie managed to open earlier tonight. 

The next morning, Elena, Stefan, and Damon are in the kitchen.

She invited them over to explain what Elijah had told her.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin."

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asks.

"What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago," Damon adds.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."