Moby Dicks

Rebekah POV:

First my brother and now it seemed my Mother was about to perish as well.

It felt a little different then losing Finn mostly because I had already thought her dead for so long... also she did try to kill me not so long ago.

Granted Finn had as well but that was only done to her, he wouldn't have come after us on his own. I don't know why... perhaps it started after watching our mother lose our sister but Finn would always do any and everything mother asked of him.

Klaus may have been Mikael's victim but the more I thought about it Finn had been Esther's. She poisoned him against us, keeping him isolated and dependent on her. It wasn't all down to her, we should have done more, I may have picked up a sword against Mikael but I never thought to defend Finn against Esther's mental abuse... and that's what it was.

Looking at her now all I could feel was sadness, we may be the original monsters but we weren't born that way... no we were created.

"How are you dying? I thought Ayana preserved your body with a spell?" I ask her.

"She did, I'm drawing my power from the Bennet with line, when Abby died the connection was severed so my body was weakened... I can't survive much longer on just Bonnie magic," she explains.

Hmm so that's why she's here, it's not to say goodbye or make amends it's because she needs another power source.

"Well, if you've come to spend your last moments with your loving daughter, prepare to be disappointed. I see you for what you are now, mother," I tell her.

"And what is that?" She asks.

"An abuser."

"Is that what you think? No my dear, it's you and your siblings who are guilty of such a title," she tells me immediately trying to hurt and manipulate me.

I don't respond to her, just shaking my head so she carries on... like Niklaus loving the sound of her own voice.

"I've been looking over you for a thousand years, Rebekah. I've witnessed your joy and heartbreak. Your fights with Klaus, the nights you cried yourself to sleep calling out my name. Not a day has gone by that I wasn't right there with you, even when you slaughtered the innocent," she tells me.

"My father was a Viking and my mother a manipulative witch... did you expect me to grow up to be a pacifist?" I ask.

"I expected you to live, grow old, and then die... it shouldn't have been a thousand years, Rebekah. No one should live that long."

"I feel like I haven't lived at all, not since you killed me the first time," I tell her.

"I spent most of my vampire life running from father when I wasn't daggered in a box and the times I got close to having a life of my own Klaus was there to snatch it away never liking when my attention was elsewhere."

"I'm sorry, Rebekah," she says for a moment sounding like she might actually mean it but when she uses it as an excuse to get close to me, to try to take my hand I know my first instinct is correct.

I take a step back so she tries again telling me she's, "so, so sorry."

"Sorry mother, if you're looking to increase your power source, you'll need to find someone else, I'm not falling for your games anymore," I tell her.

She drops the sympathetic face she had on and reveals her true feelings, "you must! I'm running out of time!" She tells me.

"What's going on?" Klaus asks walking in.

"Mother is trying to kill me again," I tell him simply.

"I'm dying if you don't help me I'll be gone for good!" She argues.