Save the Last Dance

3rd Person POV:

Elena wakes up the next morning next to Damon.

"Morning," he says his eyes still closed.

She smiles, "morning," she says back.

He opens his eyes and looks at her.

This is only the second morning he's been able to wake up to her so it's still a bit shocking to him.

"How'd you sleep?" he asks still loving being able to drink in the sight of her like this, hair unbrushed, no makeup... not that she ever wears that much but still it felt special getting to see her like this.

"Pretty good actually, is that bad?" she asks somewhat guiltily.

"No, baby, it's not bad," he tells her brushing some of her hair away from her face.

"Baby? I already have a nickname?" she asks a little amused how relationshippy Damon already being with her.

"Yup, that a problem... baby?" he asks not bothering with trying to play it cool... I mean he got the girl, excuse him for being a little enthusiastic.

"No, I guess not, but does that mean I get to give you a nickname now?" she asks.

"I guess so," he says tentatively a little afraid of what she might come up with, "as long as you agree to only use it in private and it's not based off of any food item," he adds.

"So honeybun, is out of the question?" she asks.

"It's out of the damn paragraph," he tells her.

"Hmm, what about Sugarpie?" she asks pitching another name.

"Does such a thing even exist? And no."

"No, you're right if anything it should be a nod to an Italian food... my little cannoli," she says.

"First, little? I don't think so, and second no food items!" he argues leaning over her to tickle her sides a bit.

"Okay, okay! I promise no food names," she says through giggles until he stops tickling her.

"Pinky swear," he asks offering his outstretched pinky for her as a sort of truce.

"Pinky swear," she agrees looping hers with his but also getting an idea.

"Besides, pinky is a far better petname than cannoli," she says leaning up pretending she is about to kiss him only to run away into the bathroom/safety at the last second.

"What!? NO!" he shouts chasing after her just missing her as she shuts and locks the door in his face.

"You think you're safe in there but you're wrong, you know how quickly I could be through this door if I wanted?!" he shouts.

"Sorry can't hear you, Pinky!" she says as she turns out the water for her shower.

"Oh she is so gonna pay for this later," he tells himself already thinking of his revenge.

Unfortunately, Damon's revenge was going to have to wait as he got a text from Alaric and had to leave Elena's early.

He wrote a note and left it on her bed for her to find once she was out of the shower.

Elena on the other hand needed to find Stefan and have a proper talk with him about everything not liking how they left things at the funeral.

She found him at the grill nursing a drink and it was like deja vu seeing him like this, only thing missing was a leather jacket.

"Hey, mind if I sit?" she asks gently.

Stefan looks over to her and sighs, not really ready for this conversation but both living in the same small town putting it off wasn't really feasible either.