Mile High City Part 2

3rd Person POV:

"What is wrong with you?" Klaus shouted at Stefan, who had indeed followed through and turned himself into the Original so the repercussions of killing Finn could potentially be contained to just himself.

"Do you really have no appreciation for me? I have given you someone to hate, to loathe, a target for all of your anger; so you don't have to turn it on yourself. I have given your life purpose!" Klaus rants. 

"You came to me begging for your brother's life and I gave you the cure... if you've come to think the price was too high that's on you not me. You claim to want to protect Elena yet you kill my brother which sounds like you are angling for an all-out war rather than peace talks... unless you believed by killing one you would kill us all... you did didn't you?" he asks deducing what the plan had been.

"Why? Was it not Elena who saved us from that very scenario only mere weeks ago? Are you so salty at losing her to your brother you want to undo all the goodwill she managed to scrape together with such an act?" he asks Stefan.

"Please, Klaus. I'll do anything, just call Kol back, leave Elena and Jeremy alone. Don't go after anyone else, I did this, just me," he tells him.

"Hmmm, something tells me this wasn't entirely the solo mission you want me to believe it was. But bring me the remaining white oak... I know you have more, and then we can talk terms of your surrender," he tells Stefan.

"That was all of it, the stake I had and the one Matt had," Stefan tells him.

Klaus smiles and walks closer to Stefan, "I don't believe you, bring me the stakes. All of them. Or I will wage a war against everyone you love. I hope I'm being clear," he says.

A couple hours later Rebekah has arrived back in Mystic Falls.

She's not sure why she thought Klaus would be the one to turn to, to help her mourn Finn but he soon corrects her.

"Oh good riddance," he says, "he was an embarrassment, Rebekah."

"He was still your brother, mind your tongue," she warns.

"Fine fine. Let's all say a prayer for Finn, who slept in a box longer than he lived as a man. He was a lovesick fool. He's better off in death," he says raising a glass as if he's just delivered a heartfelt toast.

Rebekah walks over to him and knocks the glass out of his hand sending it crashing across the floor.

"Is that how you would speak of me if I died?" She asks.

"Well, you and Sage kept your discovery of white oak to yourselves allowing the Salvatores time to make who knows how many stakes that can kill us so I guess we'll find out soon enough," he tells her.

"Honestly, sister, what has happened recently to make you go so soft?" he asks.

"We thought we destroyed it all," she argues.

"Cleary you thought wrong," he tells her and she shakes her head.

"You know, the Salvatores may fight like dogs, but in the end they would die for each other, even Elena a whiny self-centered human risks everything for her brother, they know what family means... while you do nothing but see ours destroyed, maybe that's what's made me so soft," she tells him.

"I wanted a family. They just didn't want me, and now we're unlinked, we're no longer responsible for each other," Klaus tells her.

"So you're leaving?" Rebekah says guessing his intentions.

"As soon as I get my stakes, I'm gone," he tells her, "I'm gonna take Elena and use her blood to create a new family, of hybrids."

"You don't need to take her to do that, why not have someone just bring you blood donations from her and allow her to live her life," she argues.