Training Day

Damon was making his way over to Elena's he needed to talk about what she told him at the Ball a few days ago but things kept popping up.

He shows up on her front porch when the door opens.

Elena is rushing out and runs into Damon.

"Oh thank God, I was just gonna call you," she says.

"Oh come on, can we not go a single day without some catastrophe, what's happened now?" he asks knowing there likely wasn't a good reason Elena was running out of her house like a ghost was chasing her.

"Alaric's been arrested," she tells him.

He sighs, of course the universe wasn't gonna let him have 5 minutes alone with Elena without something happening to pull them apart.

He ends up going over to speak to Liz who tells him Alaric isn't arrested but is being detained and shows Damon back into the room where they currently have him so the three can talk.

"Really Liz, are we gonna ignore the part where he is one of the killer's victims? I mean, the guy was practically stabbed to death," Damon points out.

"Well, Dr. Fell suggested his wounds could have been self-inflicted," Liz says.

"You think I stabbed myself?" Ric asks.

"Look, I think I don't know what to think. I've got nothing, except murder weapons from your stash and a respected member of a founding family pointing a very long finger."

"She is setting me up, I'm being framed here," Rick exclaims.

"That may be so, but I don't have any proof of that," Liz tells him.

"Then we'll find some," Damon says.

"No," Liz says, "just stay out of this, Damon, you getting involved is only going to make matters worse," she warns.

"Liz..." he starts to say but she cuts him off, "I mean it Damon, don't make me put you in a cell with him!" she threatens.

Elena is waiting for Damon outside the station.

"So?" she asks.

"Sounds like Dr. hot but creepy is trying to frame our boy... I was told to stay out of it," he tells her.

"But you're not gonna do that are you?" she asks.

Damon scoffs, "of course not," he tells her as her phone beeps.

"Everything alright?" he asks as he watches her read the incoming text on her phone.

"Bonnie's mom has decided to complete the transition," she tells him.

"Go, I'll get Rick out of this. Go be there for Bonnie," he tells her.

She looks up at him once again thankful for his presence.

"Thank you, Damon," she tells him.

"Just before you go I need to say something because who knows what will happen in the next hour let alone day that might cause me to never get the chance to tell you..."

"What?" She asks.

"You and me... couldn't be further from a fatalist when it comes to us," he tells her surprising her a little.

"Really?" she asks.

"Yeah, I know things are complicated with Stefan but my feelings aren't going anywhere Elena and I'll wait as long as I need to to prove it to you. You're not some taboo thing I'm gonna get bored with once I've gotten you out of my system," he says leaning closer to her and brushing a strand of hair out of her face, "you're my dream girl," he says staring into eyes like he's staring into her soul.