Chapter Eight

What the hell just happened? Adam plowed both his hands through his hair. Chaos ruled around him. The bouncers were back, people were yelling, Piskey fainted and Jillian's teeth jarring screams behind him were making his ears bleed. Hanover laid at his feet in the fetal position, one hand clasping his balls the other trying to stem the flow of blood while he moaned pitifully. Bastard! Served him right. Adam was severely tempted to kick the ever loving shit out of him for trying to swing at...his mind drew a blank.

His eyes jerked over to her, desire for her wellbeing more prominent than his need for vengeance or remembering her name. She was covered in blood, eyes wild, but her hand with the broken beer bottle remained steady. Nobody was getting close without worrying about having their internal organs ushered into daylight. Perhaps that was the reason the security twins gauged the situation from a distance.

Despite the menace, she was impressive. Adam was astounded at how she handled herself and if he was honest, a bit emasculated and aroused at the same time. Before he was able to get his ass up and out of his chair to come to her aid, she'd neutralized her attacker in a series of moves which would have made Steven Seagal proud and Jackie Chan shed a tear.

"OH MY GOD!" Jillian shrieked. "She's going to kill us!" Another shriek. "She's fucking crazy!" Yet another blood curdling screech blew out of her lungs as she pelted his back with her small fists.

"Enough!" Adam whirled around and grabbed her shoulders giving her a couple of rough shakes. Jillian gulped as if she was reloading for another round of banshee calling and he slapped his hand over her mouth. "You need to calm the fuck down. Now!" he growled. Her eyes bulged. "I'm going to take my hand down and call my driver. He will escort you outside and you will wait in the limo for me. Understood?" Jillian nodded and he slowly withdrew his palm.

"Thank fuck," one of the bouncers grumbled as he continued to keep the crowd at bay.

"You're welcome," Adam absently muttered, fishing out his cell phone and pressing speed dial. Erich answered on the first ring.

"Mr. Steele."

"I need you to bring the limo up front and chaperon Ms. Ross outside," he commanded before jabbing a finger and disconnecting the call. Slipping the phone back in his pocket, he watched as the owner of the club parted the pandemonium. People scattered and shuffled out of his way as he barked orders to staff.

"Get everyone out of here. Comp drinks if you have to, but I want this place empty immediately." Employees rushed to do his bidding. Most of the crowd made a bee-line towards the door when the commotion started, but the rest of the looky-Lou's were efficiently herded and pushed out the exit. Mr. Briganti pulled up to the spectacle at the same time Erich arrived to fetch the still twittering, albeit quieter, Jillian.

"No, no...I won't leave him," she dramatically protested clawing towards Adam as Erich started to ease her away. "She's deranged. She'll kill him!" Her voice rose in octaves until the shrillness of it could break glass. Adam's eyes darted to the waitress at the accusations, but she remained undisturbed by the commotion around her. Her glassy eyed focus continued to stay on her victim flopping around on the floor. He couldn't tell if she was daring him to stand or wishing he would. Another round of yelling yanked his attention away.

Jillian was in a full frenzy melt down. Mike impatiently tried to reason with her, getting himself slapped in the process, while his driver's attempts to pull her away were resulting in him being used as a scratching post by her continuous clawing. Nabbing Erich's attention with a short whistle blast, Adam stiffly jerked his head towards the exit. Take the cue, he scooped Jillian over his shoulder and body bagged her out. Her screams reverberating in their wake.