Chapter Seventeen

Slowly coming awake, Abby opened her eyes. It took her a moment to process where she was and she rubbed her heavy scratchy lids. The room was dark, the only light coming from the cracked door over to her right, but even in the dimness she could tell it was way too large to be her own. Her gaze skirted over to the bank of windows and the strange unfamiliar feelings dissipated. Adam Steele. She was in his room, in his bed and way to warm.

Abby frowned. It wasn't a full body type of warmth, but a very odd centralized heat between her legs and it was...vibrating? Throwing back the cover revealed a pair of glowing orbs and she screamed. The eyes hissed and the body attached to them arched high, spitting furiously causing her to scramble backwards and hit her head on the headboard while doing her best impression of a victim in a slasher film.

In her attempts to get away from the demon, she kicked her legs furiously sending something wet plopping on her thigh causing another set of high pitched squeals to tear out of her throat. A rush of fear had her rampaging for her life and she clawed at the cover trying to break free. Her frenzied movements edged her too close to the edge of the bed and she toppled out, landing in a pile of blanket, limbs and one very pissed off large tabby cat who was yowling in tune to her screams.

The door to the bedroom burst open hard enough to break a hinge, cracking against the wall. Both Abby and the cat screeched in unison. The cat, free of the blanket, bolted between the legs of the two men running into the room, tripping one of them up as it ran out the door, hissing and spitting the whole way.

"Fucking cat!" A strange voice Abby didn't recognize, cussed as he caught his balance just in time before ending up on the floor next to her.

The lights blazed on, blinding her and she covered her eyes at the rude intrusion.

"Trixie!" Adams worried deep tenor reached her ears at the same time he did. His hands skimming across her body looking for injuries, brushed against her breasts causing her heart to skip up her throat.

"Trixie?" The other man asked, his voice trying hard to conceal a chuckle.

"Shut it Jonathan," Adam warned. "Are you alright? What happened?" He gently pushed a tangle of hair out of her eyes.

"I woke up...and...," she panted, trying to catch her breath, but the way he was looking and touching her was making it difficult. "You have a cat?" Was all she managed.

"Yes, he's a real pussy lover." The other man snickered behind Adam.

"Oh for fucks sake!" Adam scrubbed his hand over his face and Abby could tell he was trying hard to keep his temper in check. "Don't you have somewhere you need to be?"

"Nope." He shook his head crossing his arms over his chest, completely unaffected by Adam's hostility. "I think I will stick around. This is far more interesting than anything I have going on at home."

"I...I didn't know you had a cat," Abby stuttered, turning wide eyes to Adam. Her embarrassment over the whole thing quickly overtaking over her fright causing her face to burn. "What's your cat's name?" she asked with a smile, trying in vain to cover-up her mortification of having screamed the house down over a cat.

"JC," he answered gruffly through clenched teeth. "I'm going to pick you up off the floor." Before she could even utter an answer, he scooped her up and cradled her in his arms, blanket and all. "Are you hurt? Do I need to call Simon back?"

"No, I'm fine," she stuttered, her eyes zeroing in on the tantalizing patch of bare skin from his unbuttoned shirt. Licking her suddenly dry lips, she tore her gaze away and focused on the other man in the room.

He looked similar to Adam, except he was grinning from ear to ear. Dark haired, roughish good looks...a bit shorter and blue eyed where Adam's were the color of smoky amber. He looked a lot like Matt Bomer, Abby thought, tilting her head to the side.