Chapter Forty-Eight

Adam closed his eyes and counted to ten. That roommate of hers was enough to make a Saint's blood boil and had him contemplating murder in the first degree for the second time in one day. He cussed under his breath, severely regretting his decision to text him the new pass codes to the elevator. From now on, he could cool his ass in the lobby and call up like every other fucking visitor. At least until he moved him into his own apartment. Mentally, he added it to his to-do list, which seemed to be growing exponentially by the second. First and foremost, he had Abigail's problems to resolve, then he could wash his hands of the annoying drag queen once and for all.

Glancing down at Abby, he took in her sweet face which still glowed from the combination of his touch and shock of being caught. Her eyes focused in the direction Jo Jo had sauntered off to as if she was waiting to make sure he was really gone this time. Though she still flushed from the uncomfortable encounter, there was no mistaking the love for her friend in the ashen depths. Adam bit the inside of his cheek to keep the curse rising up his throat from escaping as his scheming hit a roadblock.

Jo Jo seemed to be her best friend. If he wanted a relationship with Abigail, then the roommate came with the package. There would be no washing his hands of the drag queen...or any drag queen for that matter, he thought as he reluctantly remembered the rag-tag group from the Kit Cat Club. There were no loopholes for him to wiggle through. Not this time. To love her, he would have to accept all of them into his life or risk losing the one thing that ever made complete sense to him...her.

A long drawn out sigh from Abigail captured his attention. Her wide grey eyes met his and for a second, he forgot how to breathe. No matter how many times she did it, it always managed to perplex him how easily she could twist him up into knots. From the first day they met...to now...it was always the same. She saw him. Past the fancy suits, the money, the CEO...it was if she climbed right under his very skin. What was more shocking, he liked it. If he lost her...he would be lost again. And it scared the shit out of him.

But for now at least, she wasn't lost. His eyes caressed the delicate plains of her face, she was right here. A slow smile spread across his lips and a wave of pure satisfaction took hold of Adam. She didn't run. She was right here and he considered it a tremendous victory. Now, it was up to him to insure she didn't change her mind. He had to succeed where Rodger had failed. A twinge of pain squeezed his chest at the thought of the other man, but he efficiently pushed it aside. He may not have been her first lover, but he was going to do everything in his power to make sure he was her last.

"Well, that pretty much ruined the moment" she said on a sigh. Her breathy voice holding a hint of disappointment.

Adam's brow arched. "The hell it did," he growled. He'd be damned if Jo Jo had changed anything. His cock had been aching for her since he woke up beside her and nothing was going to interrupt his need to be inside her.

She gave him an incredulous look. "You can't possibly still want to after all that."

"Is that a challenge, Abigail?" he asked, his voice thick and commanding. "You should know me better than that by now. I don't do...no." To punctuate his statement, he swiveled his hips, letting her know just how much he still wanted and intended on finishing what they started.

Her lovely mouth dropped open in a soft gasp as his cock stroked her pussy through her damp panties and he took full advantage. Leaning down, he sucked her bottom lip between his teeth and nipped it sharply before slipping inside and capturing her moan. It tasted sweet on his tongue and his hunger for her grew. He could sip from her lips all night long, but...unfortunately, he wasn't about to put in another performance tonight. Even if it was worth two snaps.