Chapter Thirty-Five

The only sound in the room was the rhythm of their heavy breathing, gasping and panting in unison. After crying out her name, Adam had collapsed on top of her, hot sweaty and breathless. His body and erection twitching.

Not that she could blame him. Abby was having difficulty catching her breath after doing her own version of Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally. Twice. She closed her eyes and smiled as another aftershock rocked her body. Afraid to open them again in fear that it was all nothing more than an erotic dream and she would find herself back on the futon with her book clutched in her hands.

An image floated into her mind's eye. A moment frozen in time. It was in that instant when she had looked up into his face, witnessing in those amber eyes a look she would never forget. The emotions that had crossed his handsome features were so raw and unedited, she wondered how she would ever live without seeing it again.

She hadn't know him very long and although, they were as different as night and day, she knew one thing. What had just transpired between them, would never be the same with another. Abby knew in her heart, what she had seen was her downfall in his face.

If she thought for one second she was going to be able to walk away from him...from this...unscathed, she was foolishly mistaken. In one night of recklessness, she singlehandedly destroyed the life she had so carefully tried to create and now...everything was in jeopardy.

Raising a trembling hand up off the comforter, she slowly slid it down his muscled shoulder, feeling it ripple beneath her touch. He groaned, nuzzling his head deeper into her neck and her smile grew. This was supposed to be sex just for the sake of having sex and possibly, get him out of her system once and for all. But, instead, the tables had turned.

She wanted to stay. She wanted to remain wrapped up in his arms as long as she possibly could and revel in this feeling of bliss forever. The sensation of being safe and taken care of was overwhelming. The feel of his heart hammering next to hers while being warm and curled in the cage of his arms far too addicting for her own good, but, right now, there was no other place she would rather be.

"Am I getting too heavy?" His voice was low and sultry as his lips skimmed the underside of her jaw.

"It doesn't matter." Abby titled her head up, encouraging his roaming mouth, letting the lethargy roll over her. "I can't move anyway."

He chuckled, lightly sucking on her neck. "Words every man loves to hear."

"Getting kind of cocky, aren't we?"

"At the moment, no...but," he raised up on his forearms and gave her a lecherous grin, "give me about 15 minutes and I will show you how cocky I can be."

Just to prove his point, he rolled his hips making Abby gasp as a tingle raced along the sensitive walls of her pussy making her reach up and clutch his shoulders.

"Are you sore?" he asked, a small frown settling on his face in the dimly lit room.

"A little," Abby admitted, feeling a blush warm her cheeks. "But you won't hear me complaining."

"I have been too rough with you." He grimaced. Giving her a swift kiss, he eased his hands down between them. Holding the edge of the condom, he slowly pulled out.

Abby moaned at the movement, but immediately missed the feeling of him filling her.

"I'll be right back," he muttered, making his way to the bathroom and giving Abby her first complete view of his naked ass.

He truly was a magnificent specimen, she thought watching him disappear. There wasn't a muffin top to be seen. It was if flab feared to even contemplate defacing the hard slabs of toned muscle. A sigh of pure feminine appreciation slipped out of her lungs.