Chapter Five

The heavy wooden door creaked open, revealing a room filled with anticipation and uncertainty. Jack stood in the prince Zack's quarters, his eyes scanning the spacious quarters that could become his new home in the castle. Sunlight filtered through the windows, casting a warm glow on the bare walls. he was prepared for the ball after spending the afternoon had a really good afternoon with Zack. Getting to know him, getting to know each other. they kissed a couple times when they took a romantic stroll through the courtyard garden of the castle.

Rian, Zack's loyal servant, stood beside Jack, observing the room. "I'm sure it is much more grand than the Gaskarth estate, but it's your own space now. Well that you share with Zack, but it's not some servants quarters."

Jack nodded, taking in the new surroundings. His eyes settled on the wardrobe, a piece of furniture that would become intimately familiar to him in the days to come.

Rian leaned against the doorframe, curiosity evident in his expression.

Rian I checked curiously as Jack continued to take in his surroundings. As the personal service it to the prince. Brian cared a lot about Zack's well-being. So he wants to get the full scoop on Jack... uninterrupted "Jack, mind if I ask you a bit about your life with the Gaskarths?"

Jack looked up, offering a small smile. "Sure, Rian. What do you want to know?"

Rian smiled back, tidying up some minor messes. that Zack left in his quarters earlier in the day. "Well, you've been a servant to the Gaskarths for a long time, right? How did that start? I'm sure it's gonna be a transition for you from servant to royalty"

Jack's gaze softened with nostalgia. "Yeah, it all began when I was about 10. My mother was Alex's nanny and servant. When she passed away, the role naturally fell to me. Yes, it will certainly be an adjustment. I still feel a little unworthy, but... Zack insists I am worthy. "

Rian nodded, understanding. "Your mother worked there too? That's quite a legacy. How was it growing up with the Gaskarths?"

Jack smiled fondly. "It was wonderful, really. I always felt cared for, like part of the family. Until Alex married Annabelle , that is.

Rian raised an eyebrow. "What happened then?"

Jack sighed, his expression darkening. "Ever since they got married, things changed. Alex's bonded soulmate Annabelle, brought a different energy into the house. I faced beatings and abuse. By her and her children."

Rian's eyes narrowed in concern. "I had no idea, Jack. Why endure it for so long?"

Jack shrugged, a pained smile on his face. "Love can be blinding. But Zack intervened. He's trying to move me into the castle quickly."

Rian sighed. "It sounds like a tough situation. I've noticed that when you talk about Alex, there's a look of love in your eyes. What's the story there?"

Jack hesitated, then opened up. "I was in love with Alex for a long time, but it was never meant to be. Annabelle came into the picture. She made everything complicated."

Rian nodded understandingly. "And now, you're here. Speaking of Zack, in my ten years of service to him, I've never seen him so enthralled by someone. What's going on between you two?"

Jack's eyes softened, a genuine smile forming. "I feel a connection with Zack. He's my bonded soulmate, and I want to give us a chance. It's different from what I had with Alex. I really do love Alex. And I think a part of me always will, but I truly care for Zack."

As Rian listened, he could sense the complexities of Jack's past and the newfound hope blossoming in the present. The castle walls held secrets, and within them, a tale of resilience and unexpected love was unfolding.