Chapter Twelve

"Everyone except the royal family. Clear the room." Zack said sternly as there was still statement and other men wandering around the room. There was a few particular clerics and the royal doctor that stayed in place.

"I said. Clear the room." Zack barked out. It was so loud and authoritative it made Jack jump. And the men within the room quickly cleared out. Jack moved to leave as well, thinking it wasn't his place to be in here anymore either.

"Not you darling. You stay." Zack said, grabbing Jack's wrist lightly. Pulling him back to his side.

Zack took Jack's hand in his. Squeezing it a little too tightly. "Please don't leave me. I need you right now." Zack said softly.

Jack nodded. Supporting his husband.

Once the room was cleared Zack turned to Jack, and the rest of his family.

"Now that we are alone. Mother, Rebecca how are you?" Zack whimpered,unable to control his tears anymore.

Jack took in Zack's now broken expression. "Oh my love." Jack whimpered. And wrapped his arms around Zack. And Zack finally let the walls crash down. He sobbed on to Jack's shoulder. Creating a damp spot on his suit.

"I can't believe he is gone." Sariah said. Looking to the body still in the bed.

"Me neither. I miss him already mother." Rebecca said with a quivering lip. She then sniffled, willing her tears to stop.

Sariah took Rebecca's hand and came over to the side of the room Jack and Zack were on.

"My king. What must we do now?" Rebecca said. Willing Zack to straighten himself up.

"My dear boy, you are the king of Adoranda now. You must be quick and make haste from here on out. I am so proud of you. You already did well by commanding the advisors to meet you in the study." Queen Sariah said as she embraced Zack to her.

"We need to let the doctor take Father to the tombs. He must be laid to rest. And I must go to the round table in the study."Zack said. Nervously Straightening his current crown on his head.

With that motion, Jack realized something. Wordlessly, he grabbed the chest in which the king placed his crown in every night.

"Sariah, please remove it from him one last time." Jack spoke softly holding the chest open for her.

The queen nodded in understanding. She walked over and gingerly removed the crown from King Henry's head, and kissed his forehead as she did so. "I love you." She whispered.

She placed the crown in the chest, and closed the lid. "Thy will be done."

Zack watched as Jack walked to the door and ushered in one of the knights protecting the door. "Please transport this to the throne room for safekeeping. His majesty Zack will need it for his coronation  when the time comes."

The knight nodded and took the chest from Jack and left the room.

"Such a great moment of leadership already your highness." Sariah said with a gentle tap to Jack's cheek. She bowed respectfully.

"I suppose we must go." Zack said.

Zack was Extending his hand out for a Jack to take as they walked out of the room. Sariah and Rebecca's following behind them. "I am sorry this is how we are spending our wedding night." He lamented as he kissed the back of Jack's hand tenderly.

"There he is." Jack smiled softly.

Zack raised a brow. "I never left?"

Jack pulled on Zack's hand. Stopping them on their walk. "I just meant...this soft and caring man. That is the king of the land I proudly live in. That man is the one I would follow into any disaster, the one I pledge my allegiance too, the man I am seeing take charge, the moment he is asked. That is King Zachary."