Chapter Eight

Jack squealed in delight as Zack entered his room. Alex and Jack were standing in there making conversation , all of his items are gathered.

"Jack calm down. You don't have to act so excited to be leaving me." Alex said with a laugh.

"Permission to embrace the prince?" Jack asked sweetly as he walked over to Zack

Zack laughed. "Permission granted."

Jack wrapped his arms around Zack's neck and Zack curled his arms around Jack's waist. Jack gasped in surprise when Zack romantically dipped him down during their embrace.

"Hello my love." Zack whispered as he placed Jack upright again.

"Your Highness." Jack and Alex both stated. With gentle bows.

Zack ushered a few servants into the room. "Please take all of Mr. Barakat's things to the carriages. Sir Gaskarth, are you able to identify what things need to stay with the Gaskarth residence? I need to steal Jack for a moment."

Alex smiled. "I can do that your highness."

Zack nodded and smiled appreciatively. Taking Jack by the hand and around the corner from his quarters.

Zack pinned Jack to the wall of the hall they were standing in. "I have been waiting days to do this."

Zack leaned in and kissed Jack. This wasn't heated or needy. It was gentle and tender. Dare they say loving.

Jack's eyes fluttered open after the kiss. "Hello."

Zack smiled softly. "Hello."

Jack pulled Zack's face, so that their lips reconnected again. Jack was intoxicated by his prince's touch. Jack would die happy right now if he had too.

Zack pulled away. "We should stop. I want to speak to you frankly. " Zack said a bit forcefully.

Jack nodded. Making sure he was at full attention for Zack. "Ok. What is it. Your highness."'

Zack sighed as he spoke. "To be frank, you and Alex seem to be in a different place... you seem content. Or happy... may I ask if I still have a soulmate or if I have to share?"

Jack bit his lip. Deciding to tease Zack for a moment. He remained silent.

"Jack... I asked you a question." Zack said sternly. Taking Jack by the chin and making their eyes meet.

Jack liked the stricter version of Zack too. Seeing his soulmate take charge was quite... attractive. "It's kind of pleasurable teasing you, and watching you make commands."

"Jack quite toying with me. This is not a game." Zack whispered inches from Jack's face.

"I did what you asked and now I am sure of what I want. And that is the future king of Adoranda. I am all yours your highness if you still want me." Jack whispered.

Zack busted out a grin that Jack had never seen before. "Of course I still want you.. Jack my heart is bound to you forever... remember whose mark you bare."

Jack whispered. "Marked by you and only you."

Zack smiled sweetly. "My god I like the sound of that. Did you find closure?"

Jack nodded. "We both did. Our... intimacy was very healing and we both walked away from it feeling clearer about our relationship. A part of us will always love each other, and we accept that, but we will remain lifelong friends we suspect. I think it hurts him a little bit more than it does me, but he will not interfere." Jack spoke plainly. No longer having anything to apologize for.

Zack leaned in and kissed Jack. "You are perfect. You are making me fall so deep in love with you Jack, and I am so glad that you are mine." Zack said as he released Jack from his hold.

As Zack started to walk away. Jack slowly followed. "Also. I didn't forget what you asked me in the field of wildflowers." Zack said over his shoulder.

Jack tingled in anticipation. "Do you mean that you will make love to me?" Jack said  meekly.

Zack nodded. "Yes. Tonight, after family dinner, I fully make you mine."

Jack gasped. "Can't wait your highness."

Zack smiled.  "And you are the soon to be your highness."

Jack grinned in response.
————————————
The grandiose doors of the grand hall swung open, revealing the opulent dining hall adorned with rich tapestries and sparkling chandeliers. Jack, now comfortably settled in Prince Zack's quarters, found himself in the midst of a royal family dinner. Jack and Zack entered the hall hand in hand, after they spent the afternoon settling Jack in, exchanging kisses and flirtatiously getting to know each other more.  As they entered, the room fell silent, and all eyes turned towards the new guest.

Prince Zack, dressed in regal attire, led Jack towards the long, ornate table where the royal family was seated. King Henry and Queen Sariah rose from their chairs, their welcoming smiles reflecting genuine warmth.

"Welcome, Jack," King Henry boomed, extending a hand. "We're delighted to have you join us. Zack has spoken highly of you. I know we met briefly at the ball, but I am glad to have you here at our table."

Jack, slightly overwhelmed but appreciative, shook the king's hand. "Thank you, Your Majesty. It's an honor to be here."

Queen Sariah, with a grace that matched her title, embraced Jack. "Ever since we met at the ball, We've heard so much more about you. Zack seems happier since you've arrived."

As Jack took his seat next to Zack, after Zack pulled his chair out for him. Jack nodded appreciatively as he did. After Zack sat next him, the atmosphere lightened. The feast began, and soon, the clinking of silverware and the hum of conversation filled the hall. Princess Rebecca, a lively and vibrant presence, sat across from Jack.

"So, you're the one who's charmed my dear brother." She said with a twinkle in her eye.

Jack chuckled, "Well, he's not that hard to charm."

Princess Rebecca laughed, the sound echoing through the hall. "I like you already. We need more laughter in this castle."

Throughout the dinner, Jack and Princess Rebecca exchanged jokes and shared stories. Their camaraderie became a beacon of joy in the midst of formalities. The tension that often accompanied royal gatherings dissipated as the two bantered, earning amused glances from the rest of the royal family.

King Henry raised his goblet, standing at the head of the table. "A toast to Prince Zack and his newly found soulmate, Jack. May your bond bring happiness and prosperity to our kingdom."

The room echoed with cheers, and even the stoic guards cracked smiles. Prince Zack squeezed Jack's hand under the table, a silent acknowledgment of their shared journey.

As the night unfolded, the royal family and their newest member celebrated not only the union of two souls but the promise of a brighter future. The castle, filled with laughter and genuine connection, seemed to radiate with newfound warmth, a testament to the bonds that transcended titles and crowns.