Chapter Ten

In the quiet aftermath of their intense lovemaking. The room that Jack and Zack now shared was filled with a soothing stillness. Zack lay intertwined with Jack, his strong muscular arms securely wrapped around him. The dim candlelight cast a gentle glow on their entwined naked bodies. The stillness and intimate connection created  a sanctuary within the walls of their shared intimate space.

Zack was in love with Jack. Of that he was sure. Over the last few months they have known each other Zack has fell deeper and deeper for Jack everyday. While he realized the soulmate marking and bond assists with the feelings. Zack knows that it literally alters your brain chemistry when you meet your marked soulmate, Zack was hurt by watching Jack still in love with Alex, so he held back.

But now, Jack has fully confirmed how loyal he is to Zack. And the prince literally couldn't be happier. He wants to do everything in his power to make Jack happy, and their intense lovemaking was a good start.

Jack, overcome by the intensity of their shared passion, lay peacefully nestled against Zack's chest, his rhythmic breaths harmonizing with the quiet ambiance. As he slept, Zack laid awake, their emotions lingered in the air, creating an unspoken bond that transcended the physical realm.

As Zack traced delicate patterns through Jack's hair with his fingertips, he marveled at the vulnerability that lay before him. Jack's face, relaxed and peaceful in slumber, revealed a side of him rarely seen. In the hushed moments, Zack's gaze lingered on the contours of Jack's face, appreciating the unique beauty that existed in the vulnerability of post-love tranquility.

The room, once filled with the raw passion, now held the hushed whispers of a connection that extended beyond the physical. Zack's heart swelled with affection as he absorbed the warmth radiating from their shared embrace. In this intimate cocoon, time seemed to slow, allowing Zack to savor the depth of their connection.

As he continued to stroke Jack's hair, Zack reflected on the journey that had led them to this moment. Their intertwined lives, woven together by shared experiences and affection, had culminated in the quiet bliss of a shared bed. In the simplicity of the post-love stillness, Zack found solace and a profound sense of fulfillment.

With a contented sigh, Zack nestled closer to Jack, enveloping him in a protective embrace. Kissing Jack's temple. Whispering. "I love you." When he knew Jack wouldn't hear. He wants Jack to say it first. Not that he was ashamed,but because Jack had spent his whole life feeling like things are out of his control, he wanted Jack to feel safe, comfortable, and in control of his own future. Of their future together.

In the soft whispers of the night, their love spoke volumes, echoing through the silent spaces of the room. As Jack slept, surrendering to the restorative embrace of dreams, Zack held onto the moment, cherishing the connection that had unfolded between them.

————————————-

Jack blinked his eyes open... he sighed, content, as he felt Zack's arms wrapped around him. Jack was admittedly a bit sore from their mind-blowing intimacy. Truly. Mind-blowing. Jack turned over so he was facing Zack. Jack smiled, staring at the handsome and serene face of his bonded/marked soulmate. His Prince Charming.  Jack leaned in and kissed Zack's lips gently. Not wanting to wake him.

"Mmmm. There is that handsome face." Zack whispered as Jack pecked his lips.

"I am sorry. I was trying to not wake you my prince." Jack whispered. Nuzzling himself into Zack's bare chest.

"You never need to apologize for giving me kisses and being sweet." Zack said as he kissed the top of Jack's head.

"I fear I may not be able to move from the bed today...I am sore." Jack said teasingly.

Zack pulled back to look in Jack's eyes. "Oh no. My love I didn't mean to cause you pain. Are you ok?" He said, voice laced with concern.

"Zack. I am fine. I never said I didn't like the pain. I would live yesterday over and over again if I could. Moving to be here with you, escaping Annabelle, your family being so kind to me, you making love to me and bringing me more pleasure than I have ever known. It was..." Jack trailed off, a dazed look in his eyes.

Zack cupped Jack's cheek. "So you considered it love making? Not just sex?"

Jack nodded. "Of course it was love making Zack... I..." Jack was trying to see if he could say it. He was worried it was too fast. I mean Zack and him were bonded and marked but Jack had never really learned the proper rules of love. He spent so long being in love with one person. He never knew what it was like to do it with someone else.

Zack took Jack by the chin, making their eyes meet. "Say it." Zack whispered.

"I am not sure if I should, it's... too soon isn't it?" Jack said, a look of hesitation evident on his face.

"Jack, it's different when we are bonded and marked. The soulmate marking and bond assists with the feelings. Both Alex and I have told you, your soulmate literally alters your brain chemistry. You are overthinking it."Zack said as he stroked the bow and arrow behind Jack's ear. The literal symbol of their love.

Jack brought his hand up to stroke the identical marking behind Zack's ear. "Ever since I met you.... In that tavern. My brain has been fuzzy, filled with images of a life together. And... I love you. Your highness. I love you."

Jack started to hyperventilate as he said it, as his body felt like it was quite literally altering to become one with Zack's.  Like it was almost a painful out of body experience. And Zack's breath hitched as Jack spoke, probably feeling the same sensation.

After a moment, Jack's breathing stabilized. "What was that!?" Jack asked, fear in his voice.

Zack reassuringly ran his fingers through Jack's short hair. "Shhhh. It's ok. It happens sometimes. I read about it in Soulmate Lore, it's called Etheral Markings sometimes when true love is spoken, your bodies quite literally connect. And so our mind, body and souls are fully bonded. They say it only happens  in the strongest of loves, the loves that transcend all space and time. It's extremely rare. 1 in every million pairing."

Jack raised a brow. "Meaning?!"

Instead of an answer.... Zack kissed Jack deeply. Jack was breathless as Zack pulled away. "Supposedly, according to the lore, it means, that when we die, we come back as soulmates again, in different bodies, but Jack and Zack will find each other again. Same way we did in this life.It's unclear what age you come back, but we come back. We could come back  as infants and live full childhoods until we find each other again, or as Adults. Either way we end up together over and over again. In every lifetime."

Jack went misty eyed. "Are you...that can't... how?"

Zack wiped the tear falling down Jack's cheek. "I am not sure, but I am going to get the royal library and our theologist/archivist Sir Floyd to look into it. I need answers."

Jack smirked. "Well for now... I need answers... on how fast you can make me moan your name."

Zack smirked. "Oh... well.. i'm not sure if I want to do that too fast I want to take my time with that one."

Zack rolled over so he was on top of Jack  and pulled the covers over them, making Jack giggle as Zack attacked him with kisses.