━ 𝟎𝟎𝟖

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙖𝙯𝙗𝙞𝙣 𝙝.
𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙪𝙫𝙖 𝙗.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Two weeks after (Y/N) met Stolas and Blitzø, she was currently in her assigned room that she was given as the former's guard and savior, now turning off her alarm that ripped her from her rather relaxing rest. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she snapped her fingers, and in an instant, was refreshed. This meant that her entire body was cleansed of impurities, leaving her hair perfectly healthy and tamed, her teeth white and breath fresh, and her skin cleansed of any oils. Not only that, but her body's hair was shaven where it needed to be, she smelled clean, and her nails were trimmed.

    The perks of being a powerful demon of Hell with an unknown amount of power.

    Stripping out of her nightgown, she began to don her obsidian armor that she polished and clean each night, a task that took all but ten minutes considering how magic cut the time to do so down significantly. After readjusting her armor, clipping on her red cloak, and strapping her sword to her hip, she then tied her satchel around her waist.

    Picking up her phone to slip it into her satchel, her eyes widened upon seeing several missed calls from Lucifer, immediately assuming the worst at that.

    Pressing call, she placed the device to her ear.

    Lucifer immediately picked up.

    "(Y/N)!" He cheerfully exclaimed from the other line, obviously happy to see that she had called from him. "How come you didn't answer when I called you the first time? Wait— no, where even are you? Why've you been gone so long? I— ahem, Charlie misses you a lot, so... when are you coming back? Soon, right? Very soon?"

    (Y/N) pinched the bridge of her nose.

    I see my absence hasn't helped at all—in fact, it's like he's even more clingy now.

    "Your Majesty, I apologize for not picking up sooner, for I must have been sleeping very deeply to not even have heard your call," she began to explain after taking a deep breath, wondering if he had to refrain himself from not calling sooner. "However, in regard to coming back... I have to inform you that I will be returning by the end of this year."

"What!?" Lucifer shouted so loudly she had to pull the phone away from her ear. "That's after Extermination Day—five months away! Why?"

"There's just something I need to do," she let out a small exhale of breath as she glanced down at the floor, thinking about Stolas. "I've served you for thousands of millennia... could you please allow me five more months of my extended leave? Such a small amount of time isn't much considering how I will continue to serve you for many more years to come, Your Majesty."

"Ergh... I guess you're right," Lucifer grumbled, somewhat reluctantly agreeing with her.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," (Y/N)'s smile returned, her eyes lidding ever so slightly. "I promise I will be back come the end of Extermination Day."

"I can't wait!" Lucifer cheered, trying his best to sound happy and not as disappointed as he felt from not being able to see his most trusted guard and friend as soon as he had hoped—the very reason why he had called. "Anyways, should probably get back to work, haha... lot's to do! Toodles!"

With that, the call ended.

"Whew..." she sighed in relief.

Crossed that hurdle.

Hopefully I can continue to be there for Stolas these next five months.

Since the next twenty-five years...

Shaking her head, trying to quell the anger that rose within her at how unjustly despicable Stella had treated Stolas all throughout their marriage, (Y/N) ran both hands through her (H/C) hair to smoothen out her temper. Considering Stella too was still a child, nothing good would come about the murdering of an innocent, no matter if she already knew how tainted that innocence would become.

Besides...

Without Stella, Octavia wouldn't be born, and she's one of the best things in Stolas' life.

(Y/N)'s eyes darkened.

The only thing she was good for was Octavia.

Paying no mind to the twisted and dark road her thoughts had delved down, she instead found nothing wrong with what she was thinking at all. In fact, after being down in Hell for as long as the Earth turned, it was a marvel that she hadn't descended into being one of the most vile beings reality could offer. Her humanity, for one, that she recalled from her previous life was part of the reason, and the other she couldn't be too sure of.

    Yet, she didn't care for any of that.

    All that mattered to (Y/N) in that moment was making sure Stolas was protected.

    Walking down the hall towards Stolas' room, she kept her expression impassive. She didn't believe she was a savior who could heal everyone and fix their problems, nor did she feel the need to. If anything, all she really wanted to do was stay by these characters' side and support them in any way she could. For Stolas, she just thought that perhaps he needed someone to look out for him.

    At least for a little while.

And then, she'd leave to let him live his life.

Knocking lightly on the door to Stolas' room, (Y/N) greeted the still sleeping Prince with a lighthearted 'Good morning' as she flicked on the lights and approached his bed. Stolas groggily and reluctantly removed himself from his bed, (Y/N) finding that his birthday was the only thing able to get him out of bed quickly.

"So, my Prince," she hummed once they were in the bathroom, the butler no longer having to accompany them since she had learned all of Stolas' care regiment. "What shall we do today?"

"Ooh, after my Royal lessons, perhaps we can look through some more of my botany books?" He suggested with an excited chirp.

"Of course," her eyes curved with her smile. "That sounds like fun, Your Highness."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

▸ ┈┈ ❝ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒅 ❞