━ 𝟎𝟏𝟐

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙖𝙯𝙗𝙞𝙣 𝙝.
𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙪𝙫𝙖 𝙗.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

    The moment (Y/N) stepped through the doors of the Morningstar castle was the moment she was greeted with a tight hug from none other than Lucifer himself. Although she couldn't see it, already she knew he had a huge grin on his face from the way he was holding onto her as if at any time, she would disappear once again.

"(Y/N), I'm so glad you're back!" He shouted, his tone dripping with pure joy.

"I'm glad to be back as well, Your Majesty, although... sad, that I had to leave behind the people I met while on leave," she murmured, still remorseful over how she had left Stolas.

"I... I see..." Lucifer swallowed as he stepped away from her, nervously picking at his bow tie.

    "Well, it doesn't matter now," (Y/N) was quick to regain her smile when noticing how dispirited Lucifer looked—something she herself had caused. "I am back, regardless, and I am always more than happy to be able to serve you, Your Majesty. Have you perhaps made any new duck figurines while I was away? I know that's always been a favorite pastime of yours."

Lucifer flushed scarlet at that.

It was true he was fond of making rubber ducks, and it was true that he had made quite a bit with (Y/N) gone, but that didn't mean he wanted to show her. Especially since several of the duck figurines were clearly modeled after her. Awkwardly clearing his throat and averting his eyes from her own, he instead changed the topic of conversation by asking her how her vacation went, desperately hoping she would drop the subject.

    Thankfully, (Y/N) took the hint.

    Vaguely talking about what she did, she didn't mind Lucifer only listening with mild intrigue.

    Far from the truth was he disinterested, more so feeling dispirited when seeing her speak so happily about transpired events where he wasn't present. In his mind, he almost equated her happiness to being greater when she was away from him compared to when she was with him—a biting and gnawing ache that seemed to grow the longer he dwelled on it.

    He didn't want to think about it.

    Didn't even want to imagine it.

    Yet it was there all the same, constantly haunting him to the point he couldn't forget.

    "Your Majesty?" (Y/N) tilted her head, her brows furrowing from how quiet he was and then due to his rather bitter expression.