━ 𝟎𝟏𝟒

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙖𝙯𝙗𝙞𝙣 𝙝.
𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙪𝙫𝙖 𝙗.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"His Majesty was acting quite strange yesterday evening and this morning... do you have any idea as to why, Your Highness?" (Y/N) questioned Charlie the next day as the two currently walked down the street towards the building the princess wanted to oversee. "Perhaps you can enlighten me?"

"My dad was?" Charlie frowned, puzzled. "I mean, I could see he was acting kind of awkward around you, but he didn't tell me anything..."

"I see..." (Y/N) trailed off.

"Oh, I hope you guys didn't fight because of me," Charlie exclaimed in worry as she rubbed the back of her neck, her eyes glimmering with regret. "I know my dad's always held your opinion in high regards, and seeing as to how you're accompanying me now, I assume you aren't against my project one way or another. Maybe that's why he's been acting strange. I mean, he probably feels conflicted since he listens to you a lot, but now your opinions differ..."

"Hm..." (Y/N) hummed at the thought as she lifted her chin ever so slightly.

    That might be it.

After all, I've always agreed with him.

Perhaps Charlie's right.

Or, considering how strange his actions have been, he might have realized he has feelings for me. I never brought them up since not only did he himself seem oblivious to them, but I don't want to be a home wrecker either.

Now, though...

Things have become more complicated.

Her eyes then sharpened when a prickling feeling made the hairs on her neck stand up on end—not from fear, but from the realization that she was being watched. Stretching out her senses, she began the efforts of trying to locate the source of such an unscrupulous feeling. A moment later, she snapped her head around and up towards the sky where a rather high-tech looking drone hovered in the air, its camera's lenses obviously pointed downwards at her and Charlie.

The one who was looking at her through the drone's lenses almost spat out his coffee.

Dark, wispy tendrils enclosed around (Y/N)'s form until she disappeared into the shadow of the building she was passing, not even a second later appearing in front of the drone before completely slicing it through with her obsidian blade. The pieces then fell to the ground, blue electricity crackling around the smoking machinery.