━ 𝟎𝟎𝟗

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙖𝙯𝙗𝙞𝙣 𝙝.
𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙪𝙫𝙖 𝙗.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

    Five months flew by quite quickly in (Y/N)'s opinion, the days dwindling down to the point where she couldn't avoid letting Stolas know that she would soon be departing from his side. Yet, the more she thought about telling him, the more she couldn't stand the thought of how sad he would be. They had grown close over those couple of months, Stolas even confiding in her that she was like the big sister he never had.

    It warmed her heart.

    Yet, each time, she was forced back to reality when remembering her true job.

    Her job by Lucifer's side.

    Currently, she was watching Stolas eagerly plant new seeds in his greenhouse, happily commenting on how he couldn't wait for them to grow into the beautiful flowers he knew they'd become. She found his green thumb endearing, knowing that the time she spent with him was something of a miracle. If she had never transmigrated into Vivziepop's Hellaverse, she never would have known Stolas, so she cherished their time together.

    Time that was coming to a close.

    "Your Highness, come here," (Y/N) chuckled as she gestured for Stolas to approach, the boy doing so albeit hesitantly since he didn't want to leave his plants yet. "You've got dirt on your face. I can't let you go about public like this."

    Grabbing a tissue from her satchel, she delicately brushed the material over his cheek.

    Her eyes lidded.

    Her smile faded.

    "Young Prince... there is something I must tell you," she finally forced out as she dropped her hand to her leg, having been crouching to reach Stolas' level, her tongue like lead in her mouth. "You know I work for Lucifer as his personal guard... so you must know such a job is strenuous."

    "Of course!" Stolas clenched his fingers into fists, his face lighting up in awe. "You're so cool!"

    "Hah... thanks," she nodded slightly, finding the simple action of telling him she would have to leave much harder than she anticipated—but then again, she knew she would get attached, and knew this would happen, so she didn't hold any regrets. "Therefore, because of how demanding my job is... it seems it has come time to leave you."