Chapter 2

These past few days it's been hot. Not even a fan can cool off the crew. They all stood there silently. Kim was watching tv. Sonic was who knows where. Charlie and Jeff played cards. And what was Way doing? He was doing NOTHING but constantly complaining about the heat. They would constantly hear "It hot, it's hot, it's hot, it's hot". "Way we get it it's hot you don't have to repeat it 20 times a minute" said Kim already annoyed. Way just looked at him in disbelief of what he just said. He was about to fume when Charlie spoke up. "Way where all hot, just deal with it" said Charlie looking up at Way. Way just went to the bathroom and took a cold shower to see if that worked. After he headed somewhere with Jeff. He basically dragged him there.

Babe and there team were looking for creatures around the buildings. They were sent by Tony, The sheriff of the hunters. Tony was a man that when he wanted something he would have it. Everything he wanted was to capture every single creature on this earth.

Humans had learned that creatures had ranks between them. Rank 1 was the highest and the lowest could be in the 20 or 30. It depends on how many there left not captured. Although they know this information capturing the top 5 ranks on any creature is hard. They have only caught a rank 2 demon. He spilled on how the community works for them. Other than him they haven't caught another higher ranked. Most cases are vampires and demons now. Sorcerers are now uncommon in cases. Hunters are considered lucky if they find one.

Babe was getting tired of catching regular creatures. "Do you think we'll find a high ranker?" Asked Kenta. They were the only ones on the office. North was there but he was sleeping so they didn't count him. "Maybe that place North said". Babe said. There could be a higher rank if we're lucky to spot one" said North looking up from we're he was sleeping. Kenta and Babe were so shocked they took a moment to realize who was talking. I thought you were sleeping" Babe said looking at North in a weird way. "I was but talking about creatures woke me up, also shouldn't we wait until Alan and Pete come back?" Said North. "They went to get ice cream but there taking so long I'm going to assume they died on the way" Babe said annoyed. It was hot and he wanted ice cream to cool his head down.

In an aisle at the store they were two men talking about what flavor of ice cream to take home. "Should we take that or that?" Alan said pointing at a strawberry ice cream than a chocolate ice cream. Pete just looked at both of them but didn't decide on ether of them. "Just choose one" he told Alan not really caring about it. He wanted to be at the office but North and Babe wanted ice cream so they had to go get it. Pete and Alan then heard voices coming towards the other side of the ice cream. "Hurry up Jeff" said Way waiting for him at the ice cream.

Jeff appeared a second later walking and then standing next to Way. "What are we here for?" Jeff asked. He didn't want to be here. He was wearing an oversized white shirt with black pants. Way was wearing a blue shirt with also black pants. "It's very hot outside so I decided to get ice cream" he said showing him the ice cream sign above them. "Why take me then? You should've taken Kenta" Jeff said annoyed. "Kim is bad at choosing a flavor you're my best option" He said remembering the pizza incident a couple days ago. Alan and Pete looked at them and just watched. "So which one should we take?" Way asked Jeff hoping he would have an answer. Jeff then stoped looking at Way and faced were all the ice cream were. "Mmmmmmm strawberry" he said it was a refreshing flavor so there was no way he would find problems with it. "Mmmmmm I kinda want chocolate" He said looking at it. Jeff then grabbed both and gave them to Way. "Emmm this is too much" He said looking at both ice creams. "They'll be gone tomorrow anyway, Sonic loves sweet stuff" Jeff said to Way. "So do you" Way said almost laughing.

Jeff stopped looking at Way and saw that two people were looking at them. That seemed suspicious. "What" He said noticing he was looking something far from him. "There's two people looking at us" He said. Way turned around and did see two people looking at them. "Were we making a scene?" He was asking Jeff but then the two people decided to approach them. "No you weren't but your fight was pretty interesting" Pete said. "Mmmmm who are you?" Way asked them both. "Ahh, right sorry I'm Pete and that is Alan" they both smiled after Pete finished his sentence. Jeff didn't know to be scared or grateful that they introduced themselves. "Can we know your names?" Pete asked. "I'm Way and that's Jeff". Jeff just looked at Alan and Pete. Way didn't know what to say to them. They just approached Way and Jeff. "Way I'm going to grab snacks" Jeff said but before Way can stop him he left in a hurry.

Now it was Way with Alan and Pete. "Your friend left you here" Pete said looking around. "Ummm yea" Way said as he was going to go to Jeff, Pete spoke. "Are you in a hurry?" Alan asked. "Not really are you?" Way asked them. They both nodded their heads knowing that was a lie. Babe and North wanted their ice cream in lightning speed. "I have to go to Jeff see you" said Way started to walk away. "Wait" Pete said. Which made Way stop walking and Alan to look at Pete. "What is it?" He asked. "Could I have your number?" He asked. Alan looks super surprised. Pete didn't give anyone his numbers and was definitely not the one to ask for it. "Sure I see why not" He said. They exchanged phone numbers and then Way left to look for Jeff says goodbye.

Jeff and Way returned with ice cream. Jeff took the snacks he brought and teleported them into his room before they opened the door. He knew everything would be gone and he bought them for himself. He ain't sharing. He brought mochi and some of his favorite candy. They all grabbed bowls and eat ice cream happily.