Chapter 9

After a few days Way still didn't trust Sonic and Jeff. Mostly Sonic because he said it was his idea of the picnic. When Sonic told him the story Way was silent of how crazy his day was. Way didn't have work. He wished he did though because Sonic wanted to do something today. "Way can we do something fun?" Sonic said dying of boredom. "No" Way said trying to ignore him. "Awww, why not?" Sonic said. "Your definition of "Fun" is different from mine" Way said grabbing a book. "You're going to read a book?" Sonic said. "Since when do you read?" He said laughing. Way just glared at Sonic not in a good way. "What's so funny?" Jeff said coming to see. "Nothing just Way reading a book" Sonic said. "Oh, Way can we do something I'm bored" Jeff said. "See what I mean, I'm not the only one" Sonic said. "Ok, what do you guys want to do?" Way said giving up. He placed his book down. "Hmmmm" Jeff and Sonic said. "How about we cook something good?" Jeff suggested. "That's fine by me but do you agree Sonic?" Way said. "Mmmm what can we make?" Sonic said. "There's Pad Thai or Tom Yum Goong we can make. What do you guys prefer?" "The first one" Sonic and Jeff said. "Well let's get going" Way said standing up. All of them went to the kitchen to start cooking. Charlie and Kim when grocery shopping a few days ago. The fridge was stocked with food.

Babe and the rest were at Kenta's house. North and Pete were on one couch. While Babe and Alan sat on the floor next to the couch. They invited themselves over. "Why my house? And why are you all here? Don't you all have somewhere to be?" Kenta said angrily. "Ummm no" Babe said. "Don't be mad we aren't doing anything" North said. "Then why are you here, go home" Kenta said sitting down on his sofa. "Can't we just hang out with you?" Babe said. "What for?" Kenta said. "Well we need to have a serious conversation with those three " Babe said pointing at Pete, North, and Alan. "About what?" Alan said. "We're going to talk about the boys you talk to" Babe said. "What's with them?" Pete said. Babe just stared at what Pete said. "Are they blind?" Babe said looking at Kenta. "Probably" Kenta said. "Ok, haven't any of you seen you're happier than usual?"

They all were silent after that to think. "Well I guess so" North said. "Yea I guess so too" Pete said. Alan was just silent thinking. "What about you Alan?" Babe said. "I don't know" He said still thinking. "Come on, how do you not know, you were smiling so much when you were talking to Jeff and when Sonic gave you his number" North said kinda laughing. "You were smiling too at Sonic" Kenta said making North stop laughing. North stoped talking for a few minutes. "Okay maybe we are happier but we're all guilty" North said looking at Kenta and Babe with a look. "How are we guilty? Babe said pointing to him and Kenta. "When Way brought up Charlie and Kim you guys were interested in knowing who they were" North said. "That's true" Alan said. "Yea he's right" Pete said to agree with them. "Are they ganging up on us?" Babe said to Kenta. "Looks like it" Kenta said.

"Okay we are" Kenta said knowing this wouldn't end. "See, what did I say, you two aren't interested in Anyone" North said. "Okay true, but what does that have to with us?" Babe said. "I think what North is trying to say is we are interested in them not in a friendship way" Pete said. "Yea, that" North said. "Well we can say that about you guys but me and Kenta haven't met Charlie and Kim" Babe said. "Although we did seem interested like you said no doubt" Kenta said. "So what do we do?" Babe said. "Meeting them is an option" Alan said. "That can take a while" North said. "What do you suppose?" Kenta asked him. "We can do something more dangerous" North said. "Like?" Babe said. "Going to see a witch" North said.

Everyone was so shocked at what he said. "Yea that's such a good idea. Going to a witch when we're hunters is an excellent idea." Babe said in a sarcastic voice. "Where you'd we find one anyway?". "I think I have heard of one. She lives in a cottage not far from here. It said she can tell you anything as long as you pay her." Kenta said. "What would she want?" North asked. "Since we're hunters we should bring something they can use" Babe said. "A gemstone?" North said. "We did capture many creatures with gemstone" Pete said. "Would she be interested in them? Babe said. "Probably" Kenta said. "Kenta, get the gems" North said. "Wait we're actually doing it?" Alan said surprised. "Looks like it" Pete said. Kenta got up to get the gems. He when upstairs to grab them. "Wait how does Kenta know the witch?" Alan said. "We'll ask him when he gets here" Babe said. Kenta went to grab them on a medium sized container. Kenta then came back and everyone sat on the floor to look at the gems. "So what gems? Kenta asked. "Wait, Kenta where did you find your information about the witch?" North said. He was curious on knowing. "Oh I heard of people talking about it. They said they answered their question they had of life"Kenta said.

"Well let's find a gemstone to give to her. Then we will see if we're right about them." Alan said. They were mostly looking for selenite, tourmaline, and jasper. They knew they liked these gems the best so they looked for them. "I found one" Babe said. "Me too" Kenta said. "Me three" North said. "Which ones you found?" Alan said taking them from them and placing them down next to each other. They found one tourmaline and 2 jaspers. "We should take just one jasper and the tourmaline just in case" Pete said. "Yea good idea" North said. "Well let's get going then" Kenta said grabbing the stones in his pocket. They all headed out the door to go to the witch's cottage.