Remember My Face When You See God

As the misty day unfolded. The blinding sun arose and everyone was still asleep. I couldn't get any, the canon still stood in front of us.
"(Y/N) did you sleep at all?" Soul asked as he pushed himself up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. I shook my head and hugged my knees. Maka stared at me, "You need sleep."
I turned to her, eyes full of sadness and the unwanted sleep bagged under my eyes.
"I can't do that. We don't have that long left and we haven't even gotten past this stupid canon!" Flicking my head to the canon, I threw a rock.

Expecting it to hit the canon and fall down, it didn't. It seemed to be floating almost halfway in the middle.
"What..." Soul whispered, stepping forward. I held my breath and placed my foot of the edge. "(Y/N)!" Soul screamed, grabbing at my wrist and I was pulled back. My eyes fixated on floating rock, I glanced at Soul and his expression fell as his grip slowly unraveled around my wrist. "Grab my arm if I fall." I mumbled and took a step off the edge, shutting my eyes tightly. The wind blew through my hair and I felt normal, no falling and no screaming. Slowly, I opened my eyes and stared down before me, I breathed out and laughed nervously.

"Would you look at that..." Maka whispered out into the wind. I began to walk, staring back after me, "Come on!" I smiled wide and pressed forward. The group packed up and pulled everything onto their back. I grabbed onto the other side and cheered. Everyones feet jumped onto the sand and they all stared back at the other side. "It was like a mirror illusion." Maka whispered out as she studied the canon. Black*Star huffed and folded his arms, "I could of figured that out!" He yelled. Tsubaki chuckled softly and patted his back. I turned on my heel and pressed forward into the desert, "There should be a forest coming up." I pointed North. "If we keep heading this way." Maka studied the map as I talked.
"That would mean we would get there in about a day." She looked over at me.

I bit my lip, "Then we need to figure out a way to get there faster." I scratched the back of my neck. My brain to busy thinking of ways to get there I couldn't even function moving.

The dirt crunched under our feet as we walked away from the canon. The breeze went from hot to cold in seconds, I wrapped myself in my arms and squinted trying to see beyond the horizon. I swallowed my dry spit and glanced back at the group. I nibbled on my bottom lip once more and soon my feet began to push off the ground and I was spiriting to the North fast and unable to stop. The screams from all my friends began to fade as I keep running, my feet sunk in and out of the sand and tears began to cover my eyesight. My throat began to slowly become dry and my legs ached from the constant impact and pushing off the ground. I slowly to a stop and fell to the ground, my breathing becoming unbearable. My eyes wiped closed and all I could was the darkness of the world surrounding me.

"Remember my face when you see God." A low voice whispered as my eyes began to unfold. A tall man stood there, his crooked smile sent shivers down my spine and his clothes wrapped around him like a huge blanket. His midnight blue eyes sent off a deathly aura and his short shaggy black hair seemed to dance in the wind. He chuckled and vanished. I quickly pushed myself up onto my hands and began to panic when firm hands pushed me back down. "Take it easy jeez!" Black*Stars' voice beamed in my ears. I drew in a deep breath and laid back down, "What happened..." I groaned.

"You had a heat stork and we started running after you. When we got to you we saw you passed out in the sand and you were moving about like your body was taken over." Tsubaki explained planting a damp cloth on my head. The sun was already setting and last time I remember it was high in the sun, I was passed out for at least six hours. I groaned and scratched my wrist feeling a loose chain swinging on it. My eyes fell onto the chain and I stared at it, "When did..."

"We don't actually know, it was on you the moment we got here." Alyss sighed, moving some hair out of her face.

"It was him..." I whispered to myself and the image of the man standing infront of me quickly appeared in my mind. A slight smile on my face and I played with the bracelet. "Remember my face when you see God." I repeated to myself.