Monster

Her body leaned forward and her figure got distorted in my line of vision before it becomes clear once more her body was launching towards me. My eyes widen and my brain tried to send waves throughout my body to move but I was frozen.

A scraping of metal was heard and Maka stood in front of me, "Idiot!" She yelled and pushed the monster back by using her strength to slam Soul into the woman's stomach sending her flying back. She flicked her head towards me, "Go and get the flower!" She screamed and lunged forward towards the woman. Black*Star shot past me and helped Maka with the deed.
"Oh, children!" The woman cackled. "I wouldn't take a step near that flower," Her body became to become twisted and black. Maka and Black*Star jumped back in shock from what is happening to the woman. Her arms became so thin you could see her bones and a flowing black spirit flowed off her skin, her black hair grew long and seemed to have a mind of its own as it moved around her in a snake-like motion. I stepped back slowly and felt around for the wall that seemed to disappear every now and then.
"You wouldn't want to make me mad." The woman yelled out in madness. We watched as her teeth grew and sharpened along with her mouth seeming to crack through her cheeks causing a ripping sound to fill the room.
Her spine poked out through her thin skin and she cracked her neck before her caved in eyes stared into mine. A long sinister smile covered her face and all I could think was the horror of dying in her hands. I slid my body along the wall and her eyes followed my movements.
"Quit moving!" She screeched out, throwing her arm out towards me.
"(Y/N)!" Black*Star screamed. He threw Tsubaki and she wrapped tightly around the monsters' arm. The monsters' head swung down and over to Black*Star. I quickly moved along the wall towards the flower.
"Come here." She laughed, yanking on Tsubaki's chain forcing Black*Star to fly over to her. Her slender fingers wrapped around his throat and she lifted him up the ground. Her eyes widen as she moved her head too many sides inspecting him Maka runs, swinging Soul and cutting right into the back of the monster. She howled in pain dropping Black*Star her breath was scattered but her body remained still. Maka breathed out and giving Black*Star a glance he returned with a nod. Both jumped and began to attack, the monster dodged and hit them back they repeated this.
My eyes landed on the flower resting peacefully on the pedestal. My eyes widen and I reached for it but soon got pulled back, my weight shot to the ground and soon my head became fuzzy and the surroundings became a mix. I heard screaming and clashing of weapons and bones, I placed my hands on the ground and focused my eyes on my hands crimson red liquid dripped slowly onto the ground creating a pool.
"You hurt her." Soul's face appeared in the Scythe his eyes blank and his face hidden within the weapon. "That's so uncool. You're gonna have to pay." His eyes looked straight into the monsters. The monster swung her arms around and the venom from her laugh made my skin burn. Maka lunged towards the monster, Black*Star came from the back. The monster raised her non-existence eyebrows folding her arms together as the two closed up she threw them open sending a wave of harsh air sending Maka and Black*Star flying both weapons slipped from their hands and slid along the ground. Black*Star growled under his breath, pushing himself up he saw Maka was out cold. "Soul. Maka is out!" He yelled across to the lone scythe. Soul appeared in human form, flicking off stray blood from his chin.
"It's fine. I'll take her out." His voice was cold and emotionless. The monster laughed, "You honestly think you can defeat me!?"
Soul's arm extended into the scythe he nodded towards the monster and then looked at Black*Star. They lunged and continued the fight.
Shaking my head I pushed myself up and towards the flower, my fingers wrapped around it and I pulled it from the pedestal. "I got it!!" I screamed at the boys. They blocked my voice out and continued to fight the monster.
Soul yelled loudly with Black*Star and they both took a final blow to the monsters' neck and back. She screamed out in pain before staring at the wall then collapsing onto the ground. Her body evaporated into a purple soul. Soul took it and handed it to Black*Star, Black*Star threw it back, "You need it more than us."
Soul smirked pushing the soul into his jumper pocket.
I fell to my knees holding the flower in my hands, "I got it..." I breathed out.
Tsubaki transformed back rushing to Maka's aid. Soul and Black*Star fell down across from me, staring at the flower in awe.
"So?" Black*Star asked. I looked at him, "Yes?"
Black*Star touched the flower, "Who's gonna do it?"
I stared down at the flower the petals dancing slowly in the slight breeze.
"You guys go back and give this to Lord Death, bring Kid back. I'll walk back with someone..." I handed the flower to Black*Star. His face dropped, "Why can't we do it here?"
I looked around the place, the ruins were falling apart, "It's not right to do it here."
Black*Star nodded, "Then let's go do it outside!" He pushed himself up and grabbed my arm, dragging me along the ground. Maka regained consciousness and had help getting out with Tsubaki. We reached outside the ruins and we stared at the flower.
"So now?" Soul asked, moving his stare over to Tsubaki. She nodded and placed Maka down leaning on ruin and gently took the flower into her hands.
We watched as she moved to an open space, held up the flowers and repeated words unknown to us. The flower rose slowly, light bouncing off it and the world grew dark.
"Now! Bring back Death the Kid!!" She screamed. A beam of light engulfed us all.