Possession

Raise your hand if you stay up till 2am writing stories for fans? *raises arms and legs* Also, don't get needles in your arms. The pain. *Eats Pocky and rubs arm*

The narrow hall stretchered onward into the darkness. I gripped onto pants and took a sharp breath in, "Ready?" We stood a meter in the hall of the abandoned temple and the chills were rising. Black*Star didn't dare to speak which we knew was bad. Maka gripped onto Souls' staff tightly, "Let's go." She whispered into the dead air. Our heels tapped on the broken stone as we carefully made our way through the temple, moss-covered the walls and the light was splattered all around the ground around us. Black*Star groaned quietly, "This is gonna take forever to find!" I turned on my heel to face him but before that could happen my eyes darted around but I was unable to see them my legs lifted to the air and I was struggling to find the ground, the next thing I heard was a loud crash coming below me and it finally clicked I was falling.
I heard Maka yelled as she pierced Soul's into the wall, sparks were flying everywhere and soon the grip failed and they continued to fall. I braced myself for the hard landing that never came. Instead, I flung down and slowly lifted back up, my eyes were shut tightly and my hands balled in fists but under me was the texture of vines. Drawing one eye open I saw that we landed on vines hanging a meter off the ground. I sighed out in relief and searched around to see if everyone was here and no injuries in the fall. Maka was dusting herself off when Soul was yelling at her through his scythe, Black*Star was tangled in the vines so Tsubaki had to turn back and help untangle him she would sweatdrop every minute when Black*Star would jump about and tangle himself up more. Squinting my eyes to help them pierce through the darkness before us became a pain I looked behind me to Maka and waved my arm around, I caught her attention and she looked at me, "What's up?" 

"It's too dark. I'm unable to see any further than a few feet than it's pitch black." I pointed down into the darkness. Black*Star laughed, "The great assassin Black*Star has this!!" He praised himself in such a bold mood I actually started to believe him but I soon rejected ever thinking that as the objects of cloth and a large thick stick laid around us. He stared at them with determination, like if he stared long enough everything would just go together and it did...with Tsubaki's help and a few tries of getting some sparks from scraping a few rocks together. The torch was up and running but we were still blurred with where we were and which way we go from here.  We got fed up and picked to follow the hallway of darkness. 

"I hate this!" Black*Star screamed as he threw his back, his voice echoed through the temple. Tsubaki shooed him and kept a sharp eye on the surroundings. I paced forward, eager to get the flower and leave. I sighed, "Where is it?!" I growled under my breath as my fingers wrapped tightly around the torch. "Guys, be patient. It's not like we are gonna turn this corner and it will be there." Maka smiled reassuringly. I nodded and as we rounded the corner a white light touched us softly. The beautiful dark blue flower floated elegantly on the broken rocks that seemed to try and reach for it. My eyes flicked back to Maka who was staring in disbelief, "I stand corrected." She laughed. Black*Star laughed happily and leaped for the beautiful flower. We followed in a fast motion. Slowly, we came to a pause as we watched it unravel before our eyes. The five curls extended and soon the whole flower expanded, folding out into a wide circle flower. We stared in awe, "It's beautiful..." Tsubaki whispered into the hallowed room. The sunshine that managed to break through was resting on the floor with such love.

"So this is 'The Luminescent Rose'" I slowly extended my arm out to touch it but I quickly yanked it back when the soft sound of a metal weapon been scraped upon the stone wall was heard a few feet away from us

"Whaddaya know." The voice howled out in a laugh. The footsteps got closer and we prepared ourselves. Red eyes opened all around us and finally, the footsteps came to a close. "We have a guest." A female's head emerged from the darkness, her body looked limp as it sways around in such a horrific way in her arm was a single katana. Her frame was thin and looked weak but surely wasn't.

"A possession," Maka whispered to us. "When a kishin takes over a humans body. Kinda like black blood but more powerful." We gulped down out fear as we watched the lady sway over to us, her legs looking like it followed the rocking of a boat and her back seemed like her spine was long gone. She laughed, "Come on kiddies!" She screamed into our faces. We stepped back, "Who are you?!" I yelled, holding my ground. The women breathed in and her lifeless eyes that never seemed to blink stared into mine. "I'm the one who watched this rose." Her breath stung like venom from a snake when its' teeth breaks into your skin. She pushed her body back but her back flopped down and as she stared up at the roof she cackled, "And whoever tries to take it." Her body limp to the side and she dragged her sword around her. "Die."    

"Come on then!" I yelled, stepping forward. "Kill me! But I am not leaving without that bloody rose!" 
"(Y/N)! You idiot!" Soul yelled out to me. "You're gonna have us all killed!" 
My head flicked towards his scythe form, "I rather die than to live another fucking day without Kid." I saw his soul in the scythe appear, the sight of his sorrowful expression was shown but soon disappeared as did his reflection. I turned back to face the women. 
She chuckled, "Your wish is my command girly." Her sinister smiled broke through and then I knew that it had begun.